This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  armchairgm 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

armchairgm
    Participant

Who you got for all the NBA awards:
    MVP- Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Defense- Anthony Davis
    ROY- Ja Morant
    6th- Dennis Schroder
    MIP- Luka Doncic
    Coach- Nick Nurse
    Executive- Lawrence Frank

OhCanada-
    Participant

The Pelicans have been much better with Zion in the lineup. They are 1 game above .500 with him playing as opposed to 9 games below .500 with him hurt and since his return they made a promising push for the 8th spot. Its a long shot with the Pelicans 4 games below .500 but I think if the Pelicans get a playoff birth Zion should win the ROY award. Defenitely Morant’s to lose though and very likely he wins it.

armchairgm
    Participant

Zion has played in less than 1/3 of the season that automatically disqualifies him for me. Ja Morant is only candidate for ROY in my opinion.

sniper
    Participant

MVP: Giannis
    DPOY: Giannis
    ROY: Morant
    6th: Harrell
    MIP: Daniel Theis
    Coach: Vogel
    Exec: Rob Pelinka

canadabasketballisrising
      Participant

How do you have Vogel over Nurse? Raps lost their best player, have had more injuries than almost anyone, and are second in the east when most experts had them out of the playoffs. Lakers with 2 top 7 players are where most people expected them to be.

sniper
        Participant

It’s basically a four-way tie for COY between Vogel, Nurse, Donovan and Spoelstra, IMO.

In Vogel’s favor, coaching LeBron is notoriously difficult. Coaching Rondo and Howard is notoriously impossible, but Vogel has both of them contributing and not pissing anyone off. And give him credit for facilitating the most chemistry LeBron has ever had with an all-star big man.

armchairgm
    Participant

I think MVP is between Giannis and Lebron
    I think DPOY is between Giannis and AD (Don’t see Giannis winning both)
    I think ROY is Ja with no one else in consideration
    I think 6th man is between Schroder, Harrell, and Lou. Harrell and Lou kind of cancel each other out though in my eyes since they are on same team.
    I think MIP is between Doncic, Adebayo, Ingram. If a Celtic was a dark horse for it I would go with Tatum over Theis
    I think Coach is between Nurse and Budenholzer
    I think Executive is between Frank and Presti

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Who you got for all the NBA awards:
    MVP- Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Defense- Giannis Antetokounmpo
    ROY- Ja Morant
    6th- Dennis Schroder
    MIP- Devonte Graham
    Coach- Nick Nurse
    Executive- Pat Riley

sniper
    Participant

I don’t think you should win MIP for finally becoming as good as you were expected to be all along (Tatum, Ingram).

I generally don’t think you should win MIP in your 2nd year, or probably even 3rd year if you were a one-and-done (Doncic, Adebayo). Did you really “improve” or did you just grow up, benefit from NBA conditioning, training, nutrition, etc. and adjust to the demands of being a professional?

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I dont understand why dvonte graham doesnt get more credit for most improved. Yes the hornets suck but he himself has really stepped up with kemba gone. His stats have improved way more than any other player.

armchairgm
      Participant

To me Devontae Graham doesn’t get more love because his spike in production goes hand in hand with his spike in minutes, which are up by 20 minutes. I like seeing MIP go to a guy who increases his numbers with similar minutes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login