This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tammy M Garcia 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

valentine
    Keymaster

We can see where this Simmons situation is headed. We’ve all seen Behind the Music on VH1.

Simmons is like Tim Tebow and Robert Griffin III put together.

Like Tebow, Simmons has a glaring hole in his game, and his strengths require shaping an entire roster around. Your point guard and center better be able to shoot, because Simmons sure can’t.

So who is going to shape their team around an unconventional player who looks like a taller Rajon Rondo?

Jaylen Brown is a swing forward like Simmons, but he’s not a proven loser like Simmons. And he can help you without needing the ball in his hands all the time.

Better defense, better shooting, more athletic, can play SG, SF, or PF (8’9" reach, 225-230lbs).

Dragan Bender might jump into that #2 spot as well. For one thing, he’s not living The Rajon Rondo Story.

Anybody else have a chance? Maybe Dunn.

Limp Trisket

Simmons needs a Snickers, he’s in full blown diva mode.

Limp Trisket

Simmons needs a Snickers, he’s in full blown diva mode.

DrivingDownTheStreetinmy64

Jaylen Brown we Know this is You!!!!!

DrivingDownTheStreetinmy64

Jaylen Brown we Know this is You!!!!!

Limp Trisket

I’d say Ivan Rabb has a 3% chance of leaping into the top 2.

Positional value? Check.

Size, atheticism, iq, skills? Check.

He just needs to gain 10 lbs before the draft, and show off a near-complete offensive skill set. He can do it.

Limp Trisket

I’d say Ivan Rabb has a 3% chance of leaping into the top 2.

Positional value? Check.

Size, atheticism, iq, skills? Check.

He just needs to gain 10 lbs before the draft, and show off a near-complete offensive skill set. He can do it.

oogells
    Participant

Just insane. He’s the next Magic Johnson and you want to take him #3?!?! This is the kind of guy who would have taken Skal over him had high schoolers been allowed. 

negguary
      Participant

MAGIC JOHNSoN!!!!! are you kidding me??? some many things wrong with that I don’t have enough time or memory on my computer to tell you WHY! Stop blindly following the media( ESPN) and what others say and wake up. BEN is a great prospect but don’t disrespect man

oogells
        Participant

Tall athlete with amazing vision and ball handling, who can’t shoot or play d. Sounds like Magic to me. Think you guys got the wrong idea, I’m not saying hes going to have the same career, but they are similar players, moreso then the Ben Simmons compared to Lebron crap, Lebron could play d from day 1. Either way to not take him #1 is insane. I could give a fuck less what espn says I just watch the games yo.

oogells
        Participant

Tall athlete with amazing vision and ball handling, who can’t shoot or play d. Sounds like Magic to me. Think you guys got the wrong idea, I’m not saying hes going to have the same career, but they are similar players, moreso then the Ben Simmons compared to Lebron crap, Lebron could play d from day 1. Either way to not take him #1 is insane. I could give a fuck less what espn says I just watch the games yo.

negguary
      Participant

MAGIC JOHNSoN!!!!! are you kidding me??? some many things wrong with that I don’t have enough time or memory on my computer to tell you WHY! Stop blindly following the media( ESPN) and what others say and wake up. BEN is a great prospect but don’t disrespect man

oogells
    Participant

Just insane. He’s the next Magic Johnson and you want to take him #3?!?! This is the kind of guy who would have taken Skal over him had high schoolers been allowed. 

Robb_C
    Participant

Im very High on Ivan Rabb, Hes going to move up the draft board..

Robb_C
    Participant

Im very High on Ivan Rabb, Hes going to move up the draft board..

ZachAttack
    Participant

uhh… Well, Simmons is easily still the best prospect in this class… I mean, he’s a bit of a baby. He still has a lot of time to mature. He’s a really great player and he’s just not really showing it in LSU because he doesn’t care. No one is gonna pick anyone besides him with the #1 pick. He already knows he’s going pro. But nice try T Rex.

ZachAttack
    Participant

uhh… Well, Simmons is easily still the best prospect in this class… I mean, he’s a bit of a baby. He still has a lot of time to mature. He’s a really great player and he’s just not really showing it in LSU because he doesn’t care. No one is gonna pick anyone besides him with the #1 pick. He already knows he’s going pro. But nice try T Rex.

Tammy M Garcia
    Participant

Jaylen Brown is a swing forward like Simmons, but he’s not a proven loser like Simmons. And he can help you without needing the ball in his hands all the time.

Better defense, better shooting, more athletic, can play SG, SF, or PF (8’9" reach, 225-230lbs).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login