This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  L.Shap 15 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Mr.Creative
    Participant

Which two players of the 07-08 season give you a clear picture of a “dynamic duo” that when paired on the court, can put up some numbers and cause difficulties for the opposing teams? Or trios (Ex. Boston’s renewed Big Three – Paul Pierce/Ray Allen/KG)?

Mr.Creative
    Participant

Since i’am a huge Utah Jazz fan, I would go for the Deron Williams/Carlos Boozer duo. They seem to remind me of the best dynamic duos of all time, John Stockton, a player who defines the role of a true point guard, and the “Mailman” Karl Malone. D-Will is just an assist machine who averages almost 10 APG. He is just more of a “pass-first” oriented point guard. The famed Pick N’ Roll seems to work in favor of D-Will/Boozer in the paint. This duo is just some of the many in the NBA.

Ecuadorboy0233
    Participant

I love the Jazz to so Boozer and Williams are one of my favorite duos i also like David West and Chris Paul from the New Orleans Hornets Dywane Wade and Shawn Marion from Miami. I also like the duo of Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson from Denver. One of my favorite trios are the Spurs Tim Duncan Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli and last i love to watch the trio of Ray Allen Kevin Garnett and Paul Peirce of the 2008 NBA Champion Team Boston Celtics.

Mr.Creative
    Participant

Yeah, I gotta agree with you, LeBronJames23MVP on your choices.

CP3 and D-Will had great seasons but averaging 10+ APG and leading their teams into the postseason. Yeah, I gotta say that CP3 and West are a formidable duo. West had a breakthrough season last year and did well in the regular season as well as earning a spot in the West All-Star roster. But I would also to point out the chemistry between CP3 and Tyson Chandler duo. I mean, where Chris Paul utilizes the alley-oop to Chandler, its just devastating. Its repetitive but I gotta say, it works most of the time and its seems difficult to contest Chandler’s powerful, monster throwdowns. CP3 just got many options to give the ball to. Denver’s Melo and The Answer (AI) also do create a good combo, their upside is their strong offensive game that compliments Karl’s offensive oriented system.

As for trios….Boston’s Big Three has proven theirselves by earning a championship. With Ray Allen’s 3 Point speciality, Paul Pierce and KG’s post game, it makes it difficult for the opponents to double team one of the players as all three of them are potential threats on the court. Spurs’ frontline with the microwave, Manu Ginobili, Timmy and the smooth and swift Tony Parker are tough players as well. Tim Duncan still has consistency in his game, and Ginobili just torches the basket in minutes, and Parker just harasses the L with his lighting speed.

Detriot’s Quad Squad which consists of Rip, “Mr.Big Shot” Billups, Prince and Sheed make a strong, formidable lineup. Rip’s offball movement, outrunning the D into finally catching & shooting makes him a annoying player for the opponent. Billups, or Mr.Big Shot still retains his name, Prince’s long arms makes him a great defender and a versatile player. Sheed’s post and longball stroke from behind the arc makes him a threat….inside and outside as well.

L.Shap
    Participant

New: New trios: Hou: Artest, McGrady and Ming.
    Orl: Hedo, Howard and Lewis

Philadelphia 76ers have the duo of Iguodala and Brand.

Dallas has a quad of Kidd, Terry, Howard and Dirk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login