This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  McDunkin 6 years ago.

• Author

OhCanada-
    Participant

Theres been a high demand for the My Mock Draft feature as of late. The public is going frantic, people are irritated and need their fix. I created this thread to ask you where you think Aran Smith is and what he is doing. The world wants to know.

See the truth is Aran Smith went on a hiatus to pursue his true dream sea vegetation restoration. He is currently submerged hundreds of feet underwater in the Seto Inland Sea by the lower tidal zone. He left McDunkin in charge of the site but he forgot his login password.

Chrispy
    Participant

Aran Smith was playing ball in a Lithuanian B- League, never to be heard from again.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

MikeyV seems to be AWOL also. Becuz in the past in April he would do a Write Up for the Upcoming Hoops Summit! 

holefillers1
    Participant

I thought I heard he was a roadie for Jonathan Givony’s facebook page

Rico
    Participant

He’s with Carmen Sandiego

Choppy
      Participant

Ha! I loved that game lol

Cynthia
    Participant

Even if Aran was around, I don’t think he ever did the management of the site. The site admin is a different person. It’s the admin who most likely has the ability to give us our mock drafts.

As far as I’ve always understood, Aran is the head scout for the site, he’s probably the one who comes up with a lot of the write-up information on players and ranks them. So if anything he’s busy right now getting last minute data on players.

The admin is who we need to be asking for, he’s always popped up from time to time over the years, giving an annual speech about how the site will be improved then disappears again without improving the site. We don’t know who this person is.

They of course employed MikeyV and some other posters to do minimal site management and create articles but I don’t know if any of them have the power to give us the mocks.

If you look at the bottom of the website you can always find information on who runs the site. The site was designed by SOF Inc. If you click the link it will take you to their website. Once there you can navigate to their Portfolio and see that they do have Nbadraft.net listed under Drupal. Drupal is a CMS much like WordPress but slightly more advanced. Personally when I used to do web design I liked making the sites myself and CMS was looked down upon as noob tools (but I digress). However, due to the massive size of this site; with all of these players and forums there are probably well over 100,000 pages of content therefore I can understand the use of Drupal.

Anyways back to my point on SOF Inc. At the bottom of their site they have a Copyright of 2013 and on the Portfolio a Copyright of 2014. This is odd because that’s like the easiest thing to update and they haven’t been doing it which makes me assume they are out of business. Which means nbadraft.net would have to hire a new web deisgn team to remodel or at least maintain the site, and frankly that’s expensive. This site doesn’t make any money so that would be all out of pocket, something perhaps Aran cannot afford.

Choppy
      Participant

Makes sense. That’s why this site hasn’t been updated since probably before 2013. 

Andrew1984
    Participant

He’s in Burma, like J. Peterman. 

Robb_C
    Participant

Once Weed was legalized in California things slowed down a bit here at NBAdraft.net lol

McDunkin

Though some of the things Cynthia said kind of hit it on the nose. Emphasis on some. I am only employed by this site as what I call “a labor of love”. I have a job outside of this and very much do this only part of the time. Could get more into it, but will stop for now.

As far as the create a Mock is concerned (and the search, and the 2019 Mock Draft logos, and the ability to actually make lists that show up on the site, etc.) you could place it on the admin, but again, I am not sure what is going on there. All I know is I have been asking for it and wish I knew answers, but it does seem to be the admin saying they are working on it (since December).

Rudeboy, it is “Hoop Summit” and I would typically only write about the practices/event itself. Never remember doing a preview. Going to be there once again, and this year I got to go to the USA Basketball October Minicamp, so hopefully in the next few days, I will have an article up on Team USA (that I have finished a short while ago).
    If you want to e-mail me or follow me on twitter to talk hoops, am definitely down (not hard to find either if you look up my old articles).

Also, one last thing, the reason I rarely ever post on the forum is that it just straight up does not work on Chrome for me. Nor Firefox. Nor Safari. Thought it would on one of those, but now I just can’t post in the forum. Am at the mercy of the admin and whoever runs this site much like all of you. Would love to have things fixed or working as well.

McDunkin

I’m really trying to sort things out in Arans abscence you guys. As soon as I find the password I’ll have my write up on the current outlook of The New Jersey Institute of Technology’s recruiting and a career retrospective on Bimbo Coles.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login