This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BKGingerSnap 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Kind of an interesting decision for him to sign with the clippers after being bought out by the pistons. He said that primary reason was his friendship with Paul George. He provides them with some extra backcourt depth and insurance in case on of their guards go down, but his skill set seems kind of redundant on their roster and I don’t see him making much of an impact in the playoffs.
    Ironically, the one contender who Jackson seemed like he could’ve potentially helped and played a much larger role for is the Lakers, who are starved for playmaking outside of lebron. Jackson isn’t a perfect player by any means, and has a tendency to be disruptive to team chemistry, but likely had the most upside of the playmakers available on the buyout market. So the biggest benefit to the clippers of signing Jackson might be that they kept him away from the Lakers.

BKGingerSnap
    Participant

Ya I don’t really like the fit on the Clippers to be honest. He is definitely better than McGruder and Robinson but I don’t think he makes a good back court with either Shamet, Williams, or Beverly. The signing is worth the risk but I doubt he makes much a difference going forward.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login