This topic contains 99 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  sawwga 7 years ago.

• Author

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Some of you may have noticed I was on vacation. My guess is if you didn’t, you more than likely like really boring and generic posts. All of that aside, I just was thinking of a few things the other day that I wanted to write in good fun. Hope no one takes offense, and I hope other posters feel free to write some roast worthy material. I will start things out with these little tidbits, again, know that these are all in good fun. 

As rare as……….

• A post about Lance Stephenson or OJ Mayo being started by someone other than memphistyga
    • TOL23 being both a dick AND constructive
    • llperez writing a post about anything east of New Mexico
    • A girl posting on the site outside of Johnny Chill and mess.eee’s avatars
    • Someone expecting to win a basketball game by picking Jonathan Givony over Aran Smith
    • LeRoy Jenkins posting something that is not incredibly hilarious
    • MikeyV making a post shorter than a Harry Potter novel
    • Someone telling Patty Mills to STFU
    • A person thinking John Bryant and Darko Milicic would not be the two headed monster to carry the Minnesota Timberwolves to glory
    • Universal making a post without severe grammatical and spelling errors
    • paradigmn not making a post full of capitalizations (though, ironically, his username is all lower case letters. Or was after he spites me for posting that current factoid.)
    • Those who actually believes OhCanada is anyone other than Matt Bonner
    • McDunkin posting something that is not either a gif, news story or his basketball opinions on anyone other than Shabazz Muhammad (You know you are my boy man, lol)
    • BothTeamsPlayedHard ever admitting he might be wrong. About anything.
    • A person still changing there name to "Based" and having it still be cool (It is joke fellas, but, it is getting a little old, lol)
    • kanyedabest ever admitting having something nice to say about LeBron James
    • franfran posting predictions that would have teams scoring less than 150 points per game
    • JNixon-Iggy9 ever admitting that he sometimes makes stuff up in his scouting reports (we all do it, lol)
    • Someone ever posting as funny a video as McDunkin on Letterman by DanEBoy
    • Cyclo being right
    • RUDEBOY_ ever posting something that is not a fairly obvious observation
    • IndianaBasketball ever having a post with minuses (I am sure it happens, but I could not think of much for him, lol)
    • surve making a post in which he actually does all of his research beforehand rather than constantly posting updates on his original thread.
    • Jon Wasserman ever giving Tyler Ingle the trophy and credit he deserved for winning the March Madness player pool
    • Me calling aamir his new username
    • Me liking Scottoant93 or anyone who changes their username. Con-FU-Zing.
    • Gatorsheels ever being seen as a waffler (sarcasm. His name, after all, is Gators Heels)
    • NoMoney ever giving up hope for being Andrei Kirilenko’s "once per year exception" given to him by his wife, Masha
    • 8thDeadlySin not being pissed off when anyone supposedly steals his "8" trademark. Do not write lists of 8, talk about Kobe Bryant’s early years or Antoine Walker on the Celtics or talk about the movie King Kong
    • OJJ ever not rocking a Dalen Qualls jersey
    • Anyone actually admitting they gave you negative points when you have a well thought out post (lol)
    • Someone admitting they "Self +1’ed" without having being caught red handed
    • A person not going "What about me?" when someone makes a list of posters
    • A person going "What about him?" when somebody makes a list of players
    • Someone not being slightly offended by this post I am about to make

Well, everyone only got one, I do have more. I felt like they were better written in my head than they were when I typed them, but, hell, this board has been dead and I am guessing a few people will find this at least mildly amusing. You do not have to use the same format as I did, any roasting material will do. Just thought of this and thought, "Why not?". If I left someone out, odds are, I will get to you later.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Has anyone else noticed that about 75% of the comments on surve’s threads are by surve, or by someone who doesnt understand the topic. The first few of his threads were great, but now they are getting a little old. Having said that I think you are one of the more knowledgeable people on this site when it comes to ball and I understand that you are just trying to find good topics of conversation that are unique.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Has anyone else noticed that about 75% of the comments on surve’s threads are by surve, or by someone who doesnt understand the topic. The first few of his threads were great, but now they are getting a little old. Having said that I think you are one of the more knowledgeable people on this site when it comes to ball and I understand that you are just trying to find good topics of conversation that are unique.

providencefriars1
    Participant

WizardofOz
    Participant

HOF post. I was dying all the way thru LMAO!

WizardofOz
    Participant

WizardofOz
    Participant

angelvigkesa
      Participant

As for me, I like a lot of artists… a wide variety actually. Gambino, D-Pryde, D-WHY, Big KRIT, Meek Millz, XV (new mixtape coming out soon from him BTW), and Hopsin. Fair warning, D-WHY isn’t that much of a rapper as of late and D-Pryde is a surprsingly good singer but cna still rap about good topics.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

very true mikey v lolol

u got me

but hey…ima fast typer

Malik-Universal
    Participant

very true mikey v lolol

u got me

but hey…ima fast typer

Malik-Universal
    Participant

very true mikey v lolol

u got me

but hey…ima fast typer

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

Or how about that loser “I may be BASED” on here huh? Pretending to know anything about basketball when all he does is talk about WWE stuff, pretends to be a rapper, and just acts like he is based because mcdunkin peer pressured him into it. What a tool! Damnnnn roasted like some potatoes!

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

Or how about that loser “I may be BASED” on here huh? Pretending to know anything about basketball when all he does is talk about WWE stuff, pretends to be a rapper, and just acts like he is based because mcdunkin peer pressured him into it. What a tool! Damnnnn roasted like some potatoes!

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

llperez

lol good stuff mikey. In my defense i dont talk about east coast teams much cause me watching those teams is about as rare as mikeyV getting writers block.

llperez

lol good stuff mikey. In my defense i dont talk about east coast teams much cause me watching those teams is about as rare as mikeyV getting writers block.

llperez

Malik-Universal
    Participant

LMFAOO^ 

Malik-Universal
    Participant

LMFAOO^ 

Malik-Universal
    Participant

LMFAOO^ 

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

But by the end of the day, you’ll be on my jock.

Glad you guys liked it, promise I will have more. Providence, agree with you on surve. Surve, man, you do know your basketball, but your topics had gotten a tad redundant and fairly poorly explained. If you wrote them out slightly more clearly, their would be more room for debate and discussion, rather than just bringing up names and stats of older players, which I think got to be a bit much.

I MAY BE BASED, sorry for leaving you off, though, you did change your name to both "Based" and in general. By the way, I do not hate Scottoant93, I actually am a fan of him as a poster. I more meant to point to the time he changed his username to something that was a lot less easy to call him as opposed to "Scottoant". So, not putting Scotto down at all, and giving him much props for changing it back to end the confusion, lol. Appreciate the comments peeps, and I am glad that no one took much offense.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Glad you guys liked it, promise I will have more. Providence, agree with you on surve. Surve, man, you do know your basketball, but your topics had gotten a tad redundant and fairly poorly explained. If you wrote them out slightly more clearly, their would be more room for debate and discussion, rather than just bringing up names and stats of older players, which I think got to be a bit much.

I MAY BE BASED, sorry for leaving you off, though, you did change your name to both "Based" and in general. By the way, I do not hate Scottoant93, I actually am a fan of him as a poster. I more meant to point to the time he changed his username to something that was a lot less easy to call him as opposed to "Scottoant". So, not putting Scotto down at all, and giving him much props for changing it back to end the confusion, lol. Appreciate the comments peeps, and I am glad that no one took much offense.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

JNixon
    Participant

LOL I like this!

JNixon
    Participant

LOL I like this!

JNixon
    Participant

LOL I like this!

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Mr. Visenburg, you once said JNix post original stuff..

Now are you saying he makes it up? lmao

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Yes, he definitely does post original stuff. Still, we all do elaborate on things we maybe have heard and maybe not seen. We look at statistics or at the numbers of a player and assume they have some quality. All that I was alluding to. That being said, I absolutely think the guy knows his stuff, I love his original content, but I think every poster has a penchant for elaborating on things they may not have the utmost knowledge of, myself included. So, what I wrote here in no way takes away the fact that he does make original content and knows his stuff.

Just as you maybe, once in a while, do not make relatively obvious observations. I just find you sort of funny Rudeboy, as I see you asking a lot of questions and not coming out with answers. I do not know if people have caught on, but I like it when people go out on a limb, as long as they back it up as well. All I remember is you ask me a question, I answer it. I ask you one, I get nothing. Want to say more? lol

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Yes, he definitely does post original stuff. Still, we all do elaborate on things we maybe have heard and maybe not seen. We look at statistics or at the numbers of a player and assume they have some quality. All that I was alluding to. That being said, I absolutely think the guy knows his stuff, I love his original content, but I think every poster has a penchant for elaborating on things they may not have the utmost knowledge of, myself included. So, what I wrote here in no way takes away the fact that he does make original content and knows his stuff.

Just as you maybe, once in a while, do not make relatively obvious observations. I just find you sort of funny Rudeboy, as I see you asking a lot of questions and not coming out with answers. I do not know if people have caught on, but I like it when people go out on a limb, as long as they back it up as well. All I remember is you ask me a question, I answer it. I ask you one, I get nothing. Want to say more? lol

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

WizardofOz
    Participant

OH I HAVE ONE!

As rare as WizardoOz admitting he have a man-crush on Andray Blatche. 😉

WizardofOz
    Participant

OH I HAVE ONE!

WizardofOz
    Participant

OH I HAVE ONE!

butidonthavemoney

"Jon Wasserman ever giving Tyler Ingle the trophy and credit he deserved for winning the March Madness player pool"

This.

butidonthavemoney

"Jon Wasserman ever giving Tyler Ingle the trophy and credit he deserved for winning the March Madness player pool"

This.

butidonthavemoney

This.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Slow clap, my friend. That is a good one, lol. Some more:

As rare as…….

• As rare as a person unintentionally in the minuses being a proponent of the points system
    • M-DYMES ever giving up his search for a lock of Iverson cornrow on E-Bay
    • JoeWolf ever getting over how closely he lost the NBA Mock Draft contest
    • Marcus Fizer not googling his namesake and wishing he would one day not coming back to the Bulls
    • Omar being the legend
    • Someone leaving the site for a long time without telling someone where they are going (It has happened, but we get a lot of farewell speeches)
    • WizKid not seeking fatherly approval from McDunkin
    • A Clippers fan who in his heart of hearts believes that Sterling will not screw everything up
    • McBasketball Guru ever posting a trade that makes any acceptable form of sense
    • DNYCE wearing an Andrew Bynum jersey
    • Anyone caring about what Jlv has to say anymore
    • 4th Dimension not still being upset about the whole TOL23/Colton Iverson situation
    • kobyz not thinking whatever he said was completely brilliant
    • EuropeanBaller ever not thinking that everyone other than himself is a racist
    • Im Your Father not cutting you if you said something bad about Jay Williams
    • CodySLC ever forgiving Michael Jordan for what he did to Bryon Russell
    • omphalos’ user name not making you think of oompa loompa’s
    • lalaila posting about something other than Lithuania or Kentucky basketball or people associated with either
    • Anyone ever being seen again after entering tli232’s basement
    • Not questioning someones credibility when they either do not know a players name or constantly spell their name wrong (barring, of course, their name is incredibly difficult to spell)
    • Someone understanding how Tim49461 was going to "win" the debate he started in the Andrew Wiggins topic (http://staging.nbadraft.net/forum/andrew-wiggins)
    • BasketBalAllan ever giving up on his dream of a hard cap leveling the playing field to potentially bringing the Sacramento Kings to supremacy
    • Us thinking that a guy with a girl as an avatar gets lots of play (lol)
    • A double post ever not being insanely annoying
    • You have time to edit that one grammatical or spelling error before you are given a "Access Denied" and forced to keep it forever
    • Finding a Raptor fan outside of this forum 🙂

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

As rare as…….

• As rare as a person unintentionally in the minuses being a proponent of the points system
    • Marcus Fizer not googling his namesake and wishing he would one day not coming back to the Bulls
    • Omar being the legend
    • Someone leaving the site for a long time without telling someone where they are going (It has happened, but we get a lot of farewell speeches)
    • A Clippers fan who in his heart of hearts believes that Sterling will not screw everything up
    • McBasketball Guru ever posting a trade that makes any acceptable form of sense
    • 4th Dimension not still being upset about the whole TOL23/Colton Iverson situation
    • lalaila posting about something other than Lithuania or Kentucky basketball or people associated with either
    • Not questioning someones credibility when they either do not know a players name or constantly spell their name wrong (barring, of course, their name is incredibly difficult to spell)
    • Someone understanding how Tim49461 was going to "win" the debate he started in the Andrew Wiggins topic (http://staging.nbadraft.net/forum/andrew-wiggins)
    • BasketBalAllan ever giving up on his dream of a hard cap leveling the playing field to potentially bringing the Sacramento Kings to supremacy
    • You have time to edit that one grammatical or spelling error before you are given a "Access Denied" and forced to keep it forever

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

As rare as…….

• Omar being the legend

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^LOL @ DNYCE wearing an Andrew Bynum jersey!

WizardofOz
      Participant

WizardofOz
      Participant

WizardofOz
    Participant

As rare as…

• MDYMES admitting marajuana is bad for your body
    • yupyup saying basketball is better than football
    • OJJ explaining his random disapperances
    • mess.eee not having a p0rnstar as his avatar
    • the topic not mysteriously ending when WizKid posts
    • paradigmn talking about anything other than HS basketball and middle school prodigies
    • memphis tyga 23 actually answering the question of the thread he makes
    • Jammin-Lemon admitting LeBron isn’t clutch
    • Quincey not picking an argument with someone
    • Quincey not posting something from DX
    • Jonathan Givony ever getting to Aran Smith’s level 🙂 (This dismisses the reports about me calling Aran out in one of my recent posts)

WizardofOz
    Participant

As rare as…

• paradigmn talking about anything other than HS basketball and middle school prodigies
    • Jonathan Givony ever getting to Aran Smith’s level 🙂 (This dismisses the reports about me calling Aran out in one of my recent posts)

WizardofOz
    Participant

As rare as…

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Mr. Visenburg, i’m confused? You say i’m always asking questions? I only question someone’s post i dont understand..Alot of guys give people negatives without finding out 1st what they are refering to…Each and everyone of us, see things differently…Thats why i want to see a guy explain what it is he’s trying to say….

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Mr. Visenburg, i’m confused? You say i’m always asking questions? I only question someone’s post i dont understand..Alot of guys give people negatives without finding out 1st what they are refering to…Each and everyone of us, see things differently…Thats why i want to see a guy explain what it is he’s trying to say….

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

aamir543
    Participant

I know it’s hard to keep track of people that change their username, and an avatar usually helps with that, but while you were gone on your vacation, I changed my username to aamir"theIndian"543, and now to The Indian. I think most people were able to follow along, however I do prefer If you refer to me as "the indian" or "an Indain" "a Indian" or "that Indian.

aamir543
    Participant

I know it’s hard to keep track of people that change their username, and an avatar usually helps with that, but while you were gone on your vacation, I changed my username to aamir"theIndian"543, and now to The Indian. I think most people were able to follow along, however I do prefer If you refer to me as "the indian" or "an Indain" "a Indian" or "that Indian.

aamir543
    Participant

providencefriars1
    Participant

The Indian,

I dont know about other users but when I see your username I immediately think of Native Americans and not Far east India. I know you are Far East Indian but just letting you know people could think you are native american. You obviously care about being seen as Far East Indian since that’s what your username is.

providencefriars1
    Participant

The Indian,

I dont know about other users but when I see your username I immediately think of Native Americans and not Far east India. I know you are Far East Indian but just letting you know people could think you are native american. You obviously care about being seen as Far East Indian since that’s what your username is.

providencefriars1
    Participant

The Indian,

TRC1991
    Participant

lol.

as rare as kobyz actually putting together a top 5 list correctly

TRC1991
    Participant

lol.

TRC1991
    Participant

lol.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

@Rudeboy: I am saying, you ask me about Paul Pierce being better than Ray Allen, I give my reasoning. I ask you a question, get absolutely no response. Plus, my last name has no "u". Hopefully, you understand what I was saying there, because I am not referring to you constantly being confused by posts, but more in not necessarily going out on a limb while dishing out. Hope this makes it more clear.

@aamir: I would not want someone to call me "The Jew" or "The Canadian", and I think there is a better way to distinguish yourself.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

@Rudeboy: I am saying, you ask me about Paul Pierce being better than Ray Allen, I give my reasoning. I ask you a question, get absolutely no response. Plus, my last name has no "u". Hopefully, you understand what I was saying there, because I am not referring to you constantly being confused by posts, but more in not necessarily going out on a limb while dishing out. Hope this makes it more clear.

@aamir: I would not want someone to call me "The Jew" or "The Canadian", and I think there is a better way to distinguish yourself.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Scottoant93
    Participant

haha this is funny and a cool idea so……

As Rare as …

Mcdunkin coming up with a derrick favors joke(just messin)

no one complaining about getting negs

a spammer actually selling some noteworthy

4th deminsion not using the line GTFOH at least once in a thread

arguing with someone who doesn’t curse you out for disagreeing with them(a few exceptions)

finding dating advice that will actually work on this site lmao!

Scottoant93 coming up with some good jokes(ignore entire post and skip directly to this one)

Scottoant93
    Participant

As Rare as …

arguing with someone who doesn’t curse you out for disagreeing with them(a few exceptions)

Scottoant93 coming up with some good jokes(ignore entire post and skip directly to this one)

Scottoant93
    Participant

As Rare as …

JayhawkFan23
    Participant

As rare as Lebron James hitting a 3 to win the game.

JayhawkFan23
    Participant

JayhawkFan23
    Participant

M-DYMES
    Participant

"MDYMES admitting marajuana is bad for your body"

+1

But I can admit that is truly rare.

M-DYMES
    Participant

+1

M-DYMES
    Participant

+1

M-DYMES
    Participant

As rare as…

• Flyntflossbaby banging a KING magazine model
    • Kris Humphries marriage lasting 6 months
    • Finding John Bryant’s dick anywhere other than Mrs. Humphries’ vag.
    • Beno not masterbaiting to profile pics
    • Someone giving a point to a DNYCE thread
    • McDunkin reading anything other than picture books
    • Dalen Qualls not becoming a top 10 NBA talent
    • Dwight Howard becoming an accountant
    • Proud Grandpa being David Stern’s grandfather
    • BTPH not being related to Rasheed Wallace
    • NoMoney using his nbadraft.net profile to secretly infilitrate your computer and steal you SS# and credit card info.
    • Someone creating a post regarding the points system, yet claiming that the points don’t matter to them anyway.

M-DYMES
    Participant

As rare as…

• NoMoney using his nbadraft.net profile to secretly infilitrate your computer and steal you SS# and credit card info.
    • Someone creating a post regarding the points system, yet claiming that the points don’t matter to them anyway.

M-DYMES
    Participant

As rare as…

aamir543
    Participant

Wait, in that case, can I call you MikeyVtheJew?

aamir543
    Participant

aamir543
    Participant

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Probably not. I do not want to call anyone "Name and Ethnicity/Religion", unless they actually have that as there last name (The Portland Timbers best player is supposedly named "Jewsberry"). So, amir, glad you changed your name back, and I would chill on the whole religion and ethnicity kick. I am glad you are proud of your heritage, you definitely should be, and you make that well known. Nonetheless, I preferred that you did not go down the angle you chose to, but, no offense taken.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Probably not. I do not want to call anyone "Name and Ethnicity/Religion", unless they actually have that as there last name (The Portland Timbers best player is supposedly named "Jewsberry"). So, amir, glad you changed your name back, and I would chill on the whole religion and ethnicity kick. I am glad you are proud of your heritage, you definitely should be, and you make that well known. Nonetheless, I preferred that you did not go down the angle you chose to, but, no offense taken.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Hale
    Participant

"Anyone ever being seen again after entering tli232’s basement"

I did it.

"yupyup saying basketball is better than football"

Depends on the season.

Hale
    Participant

I did it.

Depends on the season.

Hale
    Participant

I did it.

Depends on the season.

aamir543
    Participant

MikeyV, thanks, but I will remind you again that I am just joking, and I will admit that I did take it a bit far, but I was just kidding around.

As Rare As-

Leroy getting an A on his spelling test this week(I told you Leroy, you need to study)

Im jus so offended not being offended

Mc Basketball Guru spelling consecturive words correctly

John Wall getting traded for younger pieces

Mc Dunkin appearing on the Letterman show

For the Win admitting that the only reason he likes Darko is because he is Serbian

Myself admitting that the only reason I like Jeremy Lin is because he is Asian

4th Dimension creating a thread where someone doesn’t bring up the Colton Iverson/Tol23 incidnet

Jonathon Givony admitting that he bribed GMs with under the table money to give him Bs updates

Lebron showing up in the 4th quarter, or dimension

aamir543
    Participant

MikeyV, thanks, but I will remind you again that I am just joking, and I will admit that I did take it a bit far, but I was just kidding around.

As Rare As-

Leroy getting an A on his spelling test this week(I told you Leroy, you need to study)

For the Win admitting that the only reason he likes Darko is because he is Serbian

4th Dimension creating a thread where someone doesn’t bring up the Colton Iverson/Tol23 incidnet

Jonathon Givony admitting that he bribed GMs with under the table money to give him Bs updates

aamir543
    Participant

As Rare As-

TRC1991
    Participant

as rare as…

McSerbian or FranFran winning a spelling bee in English

TRC1991
    Participant

as rare as…

TRC1991
    Participant

as rare as…

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Lmao!  Great stuff MikeyV!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

A crack in BTPH’s ddead-serious facade

Except such an event happened today:

http://staging.nbadraft.net/forum/nba-players-overseas-1#comment-394753

sawwga
      Participant

I always wanted to see Beasley in an up and down offence like GSW runs. He scored 19 a game and it’s hard to deny that he’s more talented than anyone they could pick up at 7. The trade works for me, even of MN had to throw in another small piece

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Is actually a funny guy and is incredibly sarcastic more often than not. I am guessing we probably have a very similar sense of humor, as I tend to be sarcastic as well. The guy is also a pro writer and he has a great mind on basketball, not to mention that some of the things that get posted on here tend to make his brain explode, as they do the minds of others who watch and follow basketball. With BTPH, while he is definitely a part of the community and a pretty regular poster, he very rarely seems to admit to being wrong or give people props for maybe being right. He has very little reason to, I suppose, but it was just an observation. But, I think a lot of people tend to miss out on his dry wit, which is definitely there and I very much enjoy on occasion. He had this awesome post a while back:

http://staging.nbadraft.net/forum/eurobasket-aug-31-sept-18

(Posted on: Wed, 08/31/2011 – 9:57pm)

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

Good to see you to finally found that special someone

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Proud Grandpa, you blew your load all over this board when you learned their was a basketball player named "Gregor F-ucka". Boom roasted! Also, did you know, SLAM once had an article about him titled "Uncle F-ucka". I kid you not. Well, here is the famous roast of his co-workers by Michael Scott from "The Office", done by someone in DanEBoy fashion.

McDunkin

Why does everybody pick on the dunkin?

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

I think this is how the kids do it…

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

There are an infinite amount of other numbers.. Pick another one! Respect the 8.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login