This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Memphis Madness 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Memphis Madness
    Participant

The first eliminations since the All Star Break are here for both the MVP and ROY races.

First off, I think I will count my bonus points AFTER I do the net point totals after the final MVP/ROY race.  So, whoever is leading at the end of the final week will get at least a share of the prize.  Bonus points can only give us a Co-MVP or Co-ROY.  

For the MVP Race:

Player     Total Points

Giannis    227.66

Harden     239.15

Durant      140.7

Jokic        149.1

Paul George  54.5

Paul George is ELIMINATED.

And, if the MVP race ended TODAY then James Harden would be the MVP.  Not even needing his 20 ASG bonus points.  Durant’s 70 ASG bonus points wouldn’t even matter.

"Load management" is getting to be a thing now as a few of these guys missed games this past week and a half.  It might come down to actually playing and winning.  Harden and Greek Freak each won 5 out of 6 games which is why they are the top two MVP contenders.

MVP Final Four (in order of last week’s finish): Harden, Giannis, Jokic, and Durant.

Greek Freak and Jokic have no bonus points going forward.

Rookie of the Year race:

Player      Total Points 

Luka         43.43

Shai          74.53

Jaren            0

Bagley      40.35

Trae Young  145.65

Jaren Jackson, Jr. is ELIMINATED.  Hasn’t even played since the All Star Break and his 20 bonus points didn’t matter.  ALTHOUGH he came shockingly close to Luka and Bagley in terms of points.  If the Mavs would have failed to beat Indy then Luka would have been ELIMINATED.  Is Luka running out of gas.

Trae ran the table this week for the Rookies.  His 291.3 raw points was actually HIGHER than Harden’s raw point total (287.1) and Harden had the most raw points and net points of any MVP award winner last week.  

Bagley needs to get back quickly if he wants to get back into this race.  Otherwise I think it could come down to Trae/Luka ALTHOUGH the Mavs need to start picking up some wins AND I wouldn’t count out Shai.  He had 2 games over 25 fantasy points.  And, with the Clippers winning at a decent, umm, clip then he looks like a ROY sleeper pick.

Rookie of the Year contenders in order of last week’s finish: Trae Young, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Luka Doncic, and Marvin Bagley III.

Next week, I will name the FINAL THREE in both the MVP and ROY races, so stay tuned!

Arc12345
    Participant

I feel bad saying this because you clearly put a lot of time and effort into this, but this is just really bad.

There is no way Shai deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Luka for ROY. This award was locked up awhile ago.

For MVP – this has mostly been a three man race between Giannis, George, and Harden. Those other guys can be mentioned, but if you omit any of those three next week, feel free to not update us. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

My system for picking the MVP and ROY makes about as much sense as any order.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login