This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers 4 years ago.

• Author

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Don’t know what made me think of this. Guess I have too much free time on my hands. Sometimes things just line up perfectly and seemingly the most ordinary of players can accomplish extraordinary things. None of these guys were anything more than role players when they randomly went off for 50 one night. Some were clearly on the downside of their career and some never had much of a career to begin with.

1. Tony delk- 53 points Phoenix vs Sacramento 2001
    2. Willie burton- 53 points Phil vs Mia 1994
    3. Corey Brewer 51 points Minnesota vs Houston 2014
    4. Tracy murray 50 points wash vs GS 1998
    5. Mo Williams 52 pts minn vs Ind 2015
    6. Terrance Ross 52 pts Toronto vs. LAC in 2014
    7. Andre Miller 52 pts Portland vs Dallas 2010
    8. Jamal Crawford 51 pts Phoenix vs DAL 2019

If anyone has any other performances to add that would fit this category feel free to share.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Eric ‘Sleepy Floyd in 1987 in a playoff game against the Showtime Lakers scored 51. He had 29 in a quarter(a record at that time) including 12 straight field goals. And 38 in a half.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

U have to include Kobe’s historic 81 against the Raptors in 2007. Even though he’s 1 of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. And he put up 62 earlier in the season and was averaging 40 in the prior 14 games. But he produced the 2nd highest scoring game in history.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
      Participant

Kobe’s 60 is his last game wasn’t necessarily random or anything. I know it was a meaningless tribute game that was specifically designed for him to score a lot. The surprising thing about it for me was that at that point in his career he was physically capable of playing that many mins and sustaining the type of effort that scoring effort required throughout the game.

Colas
    Participant

I know it’s not a 50 pt game but Rodrigue beaubois 40 points vs warriors in his rookie year in 2010 is pretty impressive too

armchairgm
    Participant

Corey Brewer and Andre Miller were def unlikely and a shock to see when they happened because neither player was known as a big scorer.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I Believe Andre Miller was drug tested after that game.

BKGingerSnap
    Participant

Brandon Jennings had 55 as a rookie.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login