This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CLYDE-frazier10 14 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

llperez

What are your thoughts on him? Would you want your favorite team to sign him?

OldSkoolBasketball
    Participant

I will take a chance on him. He is in good shape and will start in next preseason game so I gotta see how well he plays.

llperez

I know he has paid his dues, but as a life long dog owner, I would not want my team to sign him. It’s not just the dog fighting and gambling ring, but the fact that he literally stragled, drowned, electrocuted and killed dogs with his own bare hands. I’m sorry man, I don’t care if he can stil play, I would’nt want him. He also threw regular house dogs in with the fighter dogs becuase it amused him to see the weaker dogs get killed. Even today, I don’t think he is truly that sorry. He keeps saying things like”i could have stopped it” or “i wasn’t being a leader”. He makes it sound like he just sat back while others were doing everything. Naw Mike, you killed the dogs yourself. You are a sick human being.

Sorry, I just wanted to rant. Either way, I hope he sruggles next year.

QHaynes20

I think thats unfair man. He did what he did, took his time and came out ready to start anew.

If you did something bad, would you want the next 32 jobs to hold it against you? I dont think so. I feel he should get a 2nd chance and im GLAD the Eagles took him.

I hate when dog lovers or PETA get on Vick. He did what he did. GROW UP, you did not live life perfectly and this man grew up around it. To me, PETA and Dog lovers need to go and leave Vick alone and try to find the average joes who dogfight and stop critizing Vick on something that happened now years ago.

I remember PETA compared eating a Chicken Wing to the Holocaust

llperez

First off, you got a lot of nerve telling me to grow up becuase I stated my opinion. That is how I feel, and I don’t think it is immature in the least bit. And you are gonna call me a “dog lover” because I find killing, strangling, drowning, and electrocuting of innocent animals for financial and entertainment purposes appalling? Maybe I’m just a rational human being who finds that stuff sadistic, and not just some “dog lover”. And because it happened years ago everyone should just get over it? It’s not like I’m saying he should not be able to get on with his life or be given a second chance at life and making money, but if you think everyone should just cheer and root for the guy because it was years ago, then maybe you need to grow up. There is a differnece between making a mistake or being faulty as a human, and killing dogs for entertainment. He can kiss my ass. And I’m not some unfair righteous dog lover, I guess I just have slightly differnent morals then you kid.

llperez

maybe I’m overreacting. I don’t expect too many people to agree with me on this. I know there have been numerous athletes that have done shit.ty stuff and I have forgiven them. But when I read some of the details about the Vick situation, it made me honestly hate the man. This dude filled buckets up with water and held dogs heads under and killed them without a single bit of remorse. I can’t cheer for that dude ever again.

It’s not like I’m angry, or I spend time wishing him ill. I just wanted to say my piece. And being called a dog lover who needs to grow up doesn’t sit well with me.

SpencerIsHawesome

i tend to side more with perez than q on this one… vick is scum, straight up and im glad my team didnt sign him. but at the same time im not completely against him getting a 2nd chance. he did 2 years in jail and (hopefully) hes a new smarter person. i think he should have to donate half his pay for the remainder of his career to dog shelters and things like that though

Michael.S.
    Participant

sick bastard is what Vick is , one demented human being.

CLYDE-frazier10
    Participant

Q, maybe im biased, but really now guyus donate half his money to charity when hes allready in bankruptcy. the man lost MILLIONS of dollars and 2 years in prison. people have done much worse then him and arnt getting the attention like this (donte stallworth) i have a rea strong opinion about this.i really think this is a more racial thing (not on this site) but on mainstream tv. i bet if peyton manning or brady did something like this they wouldn’t b suspended half this season. i wud love for the giants to sign him even tho we gave eli that huge contract. vick is ganna score tds and entertain u on sundays, make everyone have fun. then next week those same people will go protest him. as for PETA i really hate people who make other peoples live miserable to prove a point. but vick knew it was comming. he defently has to prove himself that hes a changed person and i think with the halp of mike dungy and the eagles, hell do it.

QHaynes20

My thing is this….

I don’t like people who capitalize on other people’s mistakes. Before the full details came out, PETA jumped out there and protest Vick. I just find it unfair for people to jump down on Mike like he did not get punished.

He had 2 years of his prime taken away in a sport where the average career is 3 years. He lost a 135 million dollar contract and went bankrupt. Then when he leaves Jail, PETA says if you sign him, we will come out there and protest the signing. He agreed to do speaking for the Humane Society and still getting attack. Im glad he’s in philly.

This season, a Fan died in Philly after a phillies baseball game. I want to see the protesters out there when the Eagles are doing well. I would not bbe surprised if the Philly fans attack the protesters and to me.,…thats what they get.

I hope he has a great season and people can continue hating him!

SpencerIsHawesome

He’s back and making 7 Million dollars on his new contract over 2 years. Most people don’t make 7 Mil in their lives. I dont want to hear anything about feeling bad for him because he was bankrupt. Dude should’ve been smarter with his money to begin with. You can’t just go spend all your money, you need to be ready in case something comes up.

And FutureKnick, you are truely a moron if you think this was a race issue. This has nothing to do with Mike Vick being black. Give me a fuckin break its people like you that makes racism still strong today. Your probably that kid in school who fights other kids everyday and then complains when u get suspended saying its cuz your black.

How the fuck do you guys feel for this rich dumbass is beyond me.

SpencerIsHawesome

btw PETA annoys me too but this isn’t a PETA vs. Vick situation like it is in your mind and you have to pick a side. PETA is annoying and VIck is an idiot. PETA is like the Al Sharpton of animals “helpers”

QHaynes20

7 million of it is not guranteed.

He got a 2nd chance, you guys are now the minority and it’s over let it go

QHaynes20

btw PETA annoys me too but this isn’t a PETA vs. Vick

who else has PETA attacked?

SpencerIsHawesome

See Q thats why noone likes you. “its over let it go”

just because its over doesnt mean we cant have opinions on it. That why half the time i just come on this site and fuck around because everyone on here is immature and/or morons. I dont give a fuck if its over i still have my opinion if u want to leave this conversation because “its over” than go right the fuck ahead and leave.

And PETA doesn’t only “attack” Vick. PETA is always around everywhere. They attacked Olsen twins, JLO, Made comments about Steve Irwin right after he died just to name a few. There are plenty others as well. So dont act like Vick is the only one when PETA is always everywhere.

QHaynes20

lol…. It is over and pointless. You hate me, thats your opinion

You guys are saying “Oh, he’s a monster, he does not belong in the NFL” Too Bad, your opinion does not matter because he is in the NFL.

The Eagles signed him to a deal he will play and theres nothing you can say to change it. The Vick Haters are now the minority in this situation.

SpencerIsHawesome

We’re simply just talking about it, if you don’t want to be a part of this discussion than leave. If you’re going to contribute to the conversation than feel free to but don’t tell us it’s over stop talking about it.

QHaynes20

I never said stop talking about it….I said let it go. Let the fact you dont want Vick or you dont like Vick go.

Plus you need to stop insulting people for no reason. All your opinions dont make you right and you call people morons but what do you call a person who comes on a forum just to mess with people? Loser would be one word. To me, if the Packers (my team) added him I would have no problem with it.

The NFL is a win now or get out league and Vick before leaving the NFL was running the wildcat and making plays. If you hate the man, that’s your opinion but if you say he does not belong back in the NFL…a place where he made his living, I disagree 100%.

SpencerIsHawesome

If you read my original post, I said I wouldn’t want him on my team but I think he does deserve another chance. I just think he should give some of his money to dog shelters.

CLYDE-frazier10
    Participant

he will probably do that but defently not half his money hes ganna do rele gudd wen he plays

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login