This topic contains 54 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  ThanhThao 4 years ago.

• Author

Rafter
    Participant

Understandably, everyone’s different, a part that makes us diverse is the quirks that we have. We peform these quirks routinely, this may seem strange to another person but it’s part of what defines us.

Here are some of my quirks:

I always leave it until a week before i shave my face, no more and no less

I always have available change for homeless people despite always claiming that i have no money

I have a tendacy to look upwards for no reason but i rarely look up for that long when there is a point of interest

I always buy mints (despite having already brushed) after coming off the bus in the mornings

When playing sports, i always double-tie my right shoe lace while my left shoe is tied in a single knot

In football (soccer) i pass with my left foot eventhough i’m right footed

I’m interested to see what kind of quirks our community has here at NBADraft.net

TRC1991
    Participant

i like to get blacked out drunk once in a while

Raman Kuppuswamy
      Participant

good

butidonthavemoney

I talk to myself.

I’m an extremely picky eater.

I have a weird obsession with white noise.

I’ll wear sleeves whenever I leave the house, regardless of how hot it is outside.

90% of the time when I leave my house, I have a small bottle of Tabasco sauce on me.

I drink around 15 cups of water a day.

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Me:

I only have bowel movements once every 3 days.

I do not get the sensation that I need to urinate. I have to touch my bladder area to feel if it feels full (of piss, usually).

I don’t clip my toe nails. Like never.

I love to drink vinegar.

WizardofOz
      Participant

@Raef LaFrentz

I think I just found a picture of your toe nails:

Smith J Johny
        Participant

haha, lol

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Jealous…

gone
    Participant

Billionare, playboy, philanthropist. 

panvooazao
      Participant

yes

fauokozoao
        Participant

I only have bowel movements once every 3 days.

JoeWolf1

I always have a beard

My sense of humor is very dry

I sing songs to my dog

I watch Worlds’ Strongest Man competitions on espn in the afternoons

I sometimes get picked last or close to the end in pickup games with guys I’ve never played against. I look athletic, but not really like a guy who playes basketball.  I have a dinosaur tattoo on my arm, sometimes my beard is really bushy, and my style is not like most guys who play basketball.  I’m 6’2” with good muslce definition and once got picked behind a 5’8” fat guy who was decked out in Jordan Brand apparel…That same game I probably scored 5 points and blocked 5 shots in a game to 15 by 1’s and 2’s.

llperez

i always have cough drops on me. I have this phobia of having a coughing attack at any time or in social gatherings so im always prepared even if i dont use them for days in a row.

Im almost too nice sometimes. Ill try and start conversations with coworkers just to fit in even when they pretty much ignore me.

Im lazy. Not with everything. I work my a.ss off at my job, go to school and i keep a nice clean house at all times. But im always putting off little things for tommorow. Basically i lay around a lot and im hoping to change that.

I like to drink

Im way too passve on the basketball court. Im kinda like a pau gasol or luke walton out there, always looking to make the extra pass even when i have the opportunity to attack. I dont turn down open shots, but i dont force things either.  I consider myself a good player, but i get really down on myself when i miss shots so i always try and make the right play and hit the open man even if im the best player on the court.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I’m a picky eater as well — one day, a food can be the best thing I’ve ever tried, I look at it another day and I won’t want to eat it.

If I’m not at work/school, I’m laying around

I’m blunt.

I can’t start eating if I’m watching commercials.  Have to wait for the show to start but if they go into commercials after I started eating, it’s okay.

I hate watching movies.  I get bored sitting down to watch 2 hours of a movie but I can sit down and watch an entire football or basketball game.

I haven’t drank soda in 5 or 6 years.

If I don’t clean my ears after I shower, I just feel weird.

This thread is really weird… still participated anyway so what does that say about me lmao

butidonthavemoney

"I’m a picky eater as well — one day, a food can be the best thing I’ve ever tried, I look at it another day and I won’t want to eat it.

I can’t start eating if I’m watching commercials. Have to wait for the show to start but if they go into commercials after I started eating, it’s okay.

I haven’t drank soda in 5 or 6 years.

If I don’t clean my ears after I shower, I just feel weird."

TIL Tongue-Out and I are the same person.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

#CleanEarLife

Except I only drink about 4 water bottles a day 🙁

WizardofOz
    Participant

@TOL23

I can’t start eating if I’m watching commercials. Have to wait for the show to start but if they go into commercials after I started eating, it’s okay."

LOL so true! I’m the same exact way.

"I hate watching movies. I get bored sitting down to watch 2 hours of a movie but I can sit down and watch an entire football or basketball game."

Co-sign this as well.

WizardofOz
    Participant

I’m a picky eater as well.

I have to take a shower before I even do the littlest of physical activities. 

Always wait until the last day of the weekend to do my homework.

Take long to eat because I like ike to enjoy and savor my food, unlike most other teenagers that crush it in a few minutes.

Whenever I eat rice, it has to be that Chinese-sticky rice.

Workout sometimes, but take a lot of days off out of pure laziness.

I like all local area based teams for all sports. 

Can’t play video games for more than 2 hours straight. 

Food always has to be hot when I have a big meal.

High-top socks are a must when I’m playing basketball.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

^

I didn’t want to eat for the rest of the day anyway.

butidonthavemoney

"Except I only drink about 4 water bottles a day :("

I drink five water bottles per day, but my bottle holds about 24 ounces of water and there are eight ounces in a cup. (24 x 5)/8 = 15.

I classify myself as a picky eater because I’m totally paranoid about people doing stuff to my food. I won’t eat from any restaurant or company that I don’t trust, and that includes virtually every fast-food joint (except for my local Subway, but I have a friend that works there). I’m also a strict vegetarian and won’t eat anything that has dead animal parts in it.

I stopped drinking soda because that &$#%#&@! is toxic.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I started not drinking soda when I was actually trying to take care of my body and worked out often.  Nowadays, I don’t work out as much as I used to but for some reason, soda doesn’t entice me.  I find much more satisfaction from an ice cold water than I would soda.

Hell, I find room-temperature water more enticing than ice cold soda, even if it’s 110+ degrees outside.

"I’m also a strict vegetarian and won’t eat anything that has dead animal parts in it"

Is this why you never killed any animals in RDR?! 

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

^^ Good god I have to stop my soda intake. I’m addicted to it though (two 2-liters of it a week usually plus anytime I go out to eat) … But I just want something flavored when I eat sometimes. Water works great with Indian food because of the spices but if I’m eating a hoagie, pizza, wings, etc, it’s usually with a soda.

I’m also addicted to WaWa iced tea (usually drink the big bottles rather than the 12 oz bottles)

I’ve never fell in love with an Indian female (not that it matters to me but when your parents are old fashioned, bringing a white girl doesn’t fly so well)

I can’t play video games for more than 2 hours – start to get a headache

I commentate my own 2k games

I’m the dumbest person in my graduate classes

I watch Man Vs Food marathons when they are on TV

I love my privacy (This is something my friends can’t grasp sometimes. They always ask me to chill and usually I do. But there are just some days where I wan’t to relax and be alone. Can’t really explain it but I like that solitarity)

Until recently, I used to care what people think. Everything I did was almost paranoid just so I would "look cool" but then I said f*ck it. I’ll do whatever I want to do

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

"I love my privacy (This is something my friends can’t grasp sometimes. They always ask me to chill and usually I do. But there are just some days where I wan’t to relax and be alone. Can’t really explain it but I like that solitarity)"

I forgot to mention that.  Don’t get me wrong, I love hanging out with people but I love days where I can just lay around, watch TV, and just be alone all day.

Romiwaosa
      Participant

yes

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

"Actually, it is. I callously watched McDunkin die on several occasions from bear attacks that I could have easily stopped"

Hahaha!  I actually laughed out loud!  Especially since McDunkin likes playing with us and you just watch him die hahahahahaha

aamir543
    Participant

I May Be Wrong, you’re headed on the stereotypical Indian diet path, after you graduate college and go into your middle age years, you develop an addiction to soda and drink it a lot, like my dad, and then the second your doctor tells you to watch your health you treat sugar like it’s poison.

butidonthavemoney

"Is this why you never killed any animals in RDR?! "

Actually, it is. I callously watched McDunkin die on several occasions from bear attacks that I could have easily stopped.

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

lol Aamir

Already know it man. I need to find a way to stay away from that stuff, especially in Accounting where hours are going to be tough. I guess being alive would be a good reason but I have as much will power as Eddy Curry at Golden Corral 

Malik-Universal
    Participant

umm lets see lol…… i really dont have to many quirks to say… so i guess ill just post random facts about me

i have been biting my nails since i was a kid and seriously cant stop… its hard actually… it sounds really wierd but sometimes i pick at my eyebrows lol.. idk y… i have thick eyebrows so its fine i guess

i can be really self consious sometimes… i have the need to pee everytime b4 i go to bed even when i dont have to go…. i rarely ever watch tv if its not a game on…. i hate brushing my teeth… last summer i went 3 weeks without brushing them….(nasty i know)…. its very hard for me to control my appetite when i get real hungry… i once ate an entire chicken in like 25 mintues and ate four foot longs from subway in half n hour…. i always get nervous when i have to drive on the freeway…. i sleep with the fan on in the winter… i cant sleep with no noise…. the first time i dunked on a ten foot hoop was in the summer of 2011… my hair is extremely thick…. i once bit off my entire pinky nail…. i can crack my elbows… i used to be able to whistle thru my nose… i started watching the nba in forth grade…. i never been to any dances in my life like homecoming or sadies or prom… ever… i wish my tibia bone was longer…. 

butidonthavemoney

"I need to find a way to stay away from that stuff, especially in Accounting where hours are going to be tough."

I used to love drinking soda as well until I learned the benefits of drinking water a few years ago during my speech class. I’ll give you a few bullet points from my presentation.

• 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated and many of them don’t even know it.
    • Soft drinks have the opposite effect of hydration.
    • The spinal chord is made of a large volume of water, so not drinking water can lead to back/neck pain.
    • Drinking enough water will make your muscles look more defined (muscles are mostly water).
    • Drinking enough water will improve skin, hair and oral health.
    • Drinking water will speed up your metabolism (helping you burn fat easier).
    • Water distributes oxygen to your blood, keeping your heart and veins in working order.
    • Water helps regulate body temperature and organ function.
    • Water is significantly cheaper than unhealthy alternatives.
    • Active people should be aiming to drink 75% of their body weight in ounces.

That’s why I’m persuading the entire class to drink more water. Thank you. *Uncomfortably walks back to seat*

Hale
    Participant

Add me to the group of picky eaters. When I do eat stuff though, I practically inhale it. For no reason whatsoever I eat my food at lightspeed.

I prefer going to the gym alone most times. The reason why is because when I practice new things on the court I don’t want any of my friends to see it (yes I’m that competitive).

This pop/water research is a little unsettling for me. I’m really big on Mountain Dew. I think at nbanflguys birthday a few years back I had 11 in a day, then the next day proceeded to have 15 more.

I watch some ‘not so cool’ shows on TV.

I’m either really motivated or really lazy. There is no in between with me. On the court I have that Jordan mentality, I try to motivate myself with the smallest slights.

I own a wrestling title belt and wear it proudly (in my room).

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I’m also obsessed with watching How I Met Your Mother and The Office.  I’ve watched every episode atleast 2-4 times (except the new season, they’re not on Netflix so I’ve only watched each once).

I’ve watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Friday Night Lights, Don’t Be A Menace, Menace To Society, and Friday about 20+ times each.

I’ve also watched Matilda, easily over 50 times. (Haven’t watched it in over 8 years though)

Those are pretty much the only movies I can stand along with some other movies here and there.

TRC1991
    Participant

I have a tendency to over-search my face for any existing blackheads/zits/pimples and my friends have said i "create acne"…anyone else find themselves up close to the mirror for like 15 minutes searching?

JunkYardDog
    Participant

I play chess against computer (4 or 5 games) everyday (thanks dad).

I wear heelpieces in silicone in my shoes when I play bball (to absorb impact).

I always run, and play bball on my toes (as a dancer…).

I drink between 1 and 1.5 L of water everyday (in the past I had some health issue : calcium stone).

I wake up every morning earing "natural mystic" performed by Bob Marley.

I read 2 hours a day (thanks to the train / subway).

I have the bad habit to quote some pieces of dialogue (family guy, american dad, south park, scrubs…) without controlling that.

I always postpone my work till the last moment… f*cking procrastination…

I never shave if I can’t take a shower after…

I always listen to radio, with the TV turn on and the computer / internet on my knees. This drives my wife crazy.

I always eat coconut when I’m on the beach (vestige from the time I lived in Mayotte Island).

I never manage to sleep after a bball game / practice.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

i have a feeling ppl on this site no longer look at me the same lmao

joecheck88
    Participant

I am also a nail biter. I think it calms me down like cigarettes do for some people.

When I get fast food, I always eat all the fries first, then the main course.

I am obsessed with making things even. Like pumping gas, I need to land on the nearest dollar. If I have a 12 pack, I drink 3 beers at a time. Meaning when I decide to drink it will be 3. I don’t want to mess with the even division of 3. So I won’t drink 2 one day or 4 one day. You get the picture. Also do not like paying bills with the change. Like if I owe 88.34 on my phone bill, they are getting 90.

I have to take a shower in the morning. Otherwise, I am real subconscious about my hygiene that day.

This happened recently but I always seem to have to put lol, lmao, haha, or some form of face in almost every text message. i used to never but now it is almost always.

JunkYardDog
    Participant

I love to eat chocolate when I drink Heinken… 

I live on salads and cheese mainly but I have strange food habits. I’m cyclical on cereals, meat, eggs, junk food…

I love fresh sorrel and eat quince raw… which is apparently rare.

JoeWolf1

I’m not a picky eater at all, but I cut out soda from my diet probably 6 years ago.  I probably drink 5 or 6 cans per year.

I also really in to craft beer and brew my own beer. 

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

The main one is…I have a really monotonous voice-I get compared to Ben Stein a lot

I can put both feet behind my head at the same time

I don’t drink soda simply because I don’t like the carbonation (that means the “fizz”, Leroy

I am bad at making eye contact

My face gets red at the littlest things

I went to journalism camp…and am going again

I am a dude who likes English class and baking and I can braid hair…and I like girls

My favorite movies are Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Glory Road

And the weirdest one of all…

I like girls for their personalities…

aamir543
    Participant

I BS everything, from essays, presentations, to questions like, "How are you doing" or "What do you want to do."

I am the only the person that boxes out during Basketball Class(PE, except we play basketball the whole time)

I don’t like to put my jersey on until right before the game starts.

When walking with a group of people, I never like to take the lead.

I don’t like to be touched.

I hate doing group projects, not that I’m anti social, but everytime I’m in a group somone ends up messing up their part and my grade suffers as well, and they get points for the stuff that I did.

And I usually go to the bathroom aobut 3 times before I fall asleep.

And I have a bad habit of chewing on the front collar of my shirt while I type.

M-DYMES
    Participant

I can go through a fifth of vodka, rum, or whiskey with ease, but give me 3 fingers of Gin n I’m faded.

I too am an extremely picky eater

I love microwaved egg whites

I get pissed off very very easily

I think I might be bipolar but never got it checked out

I must do over 1000 pushups a day

I refuse to have sex during a woman’s period despite everyone I know telling me its better

I hate getting blood drawn but love getting tattoos and enjoy the process of getting inked with the needle

I have an accent that nobody can typically pindown.  They say south, boston, new york…but I am from Philly.

My accent is stressed considerably more when drunk

I hate being the center of attention but love clutch moments

I’ve seen more things in my 22 years on Earth than most have in a life-time.  I attribute that to being a bit of an insomniac and hanging around the shadiest places in Pittsburgh and Philly well after 3am.  Surprised I have not been successfully jumped yet or killed.

I love new experiences which partially explains these statement above

I am very good at acting like I am listening when I really haven’t heard a damn word she’s said

I have studied the erogenous zones of the female body more than any subject during my time in college.

I am very picky with women, even when drunk

I love playing bartender

I wish I was a bartender

I wish I owned a bar

At 20 I was able to run a 4.4 40. 

I hate being touched unless it is by a woman who I think is sexy.  If I’m not attracted or it is a guy I will instinctively shake them off or swing my arm to hit them and generally get pissed off.  I can tell by the touch too whether I am interested or not.

I cut my own hair. 

I don’t &$#%#&@! with a bush and expect women to feel the same way so I keep it trim.

If I don’t have any facial hair I look like I have the face of a 15 year old.  

I love rapping but I will never take it up seriously because I can’t stand the way my voice sounds when recorded.

I love graffiti and wish I had the artistic ability to take it up seriously or be a tattoo artist

^^^I too BS everything.  I did better when I BSd presentations and essays.  Very good at talking in circles.  Probably should have been a politician but I hate those corrupt mofos.  Marketing requires it just as much though.  Hence my marketing degree.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

I enjoy f@rting in public.

FiFa Zidu
    Participant

Jealous…

welcome2
    Participant

I’m very picky about foods, drinks, what i watch, where i go…everything.

Pan Tianger
    Participant

I’m an extremely picky eater.

Nick Mutt
    Participant

I have an accent that nobody can typically pindown. They say south, boston, new york…but I am from Philly.

Nick Mutt
    Participant

If I don’t have any facial hair I look like I have the face of a 15 year old.

Nick Mutt
    Participant

Jealous…

Nick Mutt
    Participant

I’m very picky about foods,

scode85
    Participant

When playing sports, i always double-tie my right shoe lace while my left shoe is tied in a single knot

scode85
    Participant

I have an accent that nobody can typically pindown. They say south, boston, new york…but I am from Philly.

scode85
    Participant

Just

visoakwoow
    Participant

i always have cough drops on me. I have this phobia of having a coughing attack at any time or in social gatherings so im always prepared even if i dont use them for days in a row.

visoakwoow
    Participant

do it

ThanhThao
    Participant

The regular facial care is very good. I often choose natural cosmetics. I currently use cosmetics of the Royalcbd brand. It was really awesome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login