This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  a2 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

drew2288
    Participant

With the Henry kid going to Kansas it is a strong possibly that Lance Stephson will end up at St.Johns 2009-10 season. If this was to happen this really can change the St.Johns program to where it used to and should be. He would be the biggest recruit they have since 2000 when Omar Cook played there and will bring a domino effect with city kids going there again. Hopefully then can get players like Doron Lamb and Russel Smith in the near future.

QHaynes123

Lance would have a great effect to St John if he stayed 2 seasons. 1 year is not gonna make the NYC kids wanna go to St John ( I should know, i live in NYC)

If St John wanna make a comeback. Hire Marc Jackson and Chris Mullen to the coaching staff ( make either of the 2 the head coach) and LOCK NY and NJ down because those states are full of talent

drew2288
      Participant

homie i am from nyc as well so i know whats going on in the basket circuit

QHaynes123

So you and I both know….for St john to be st johns….we need like 3 or 4 good players and we need a couple of good seasons…

like Memphis did… Before the sucessful seasons…they got 4 young guys and they made it to the N.I.T (2004 or 2005) We could use Stephenson but we could also use some future NJ talent….agree?

Stanford hoops
    Participant

most of them just wanna get out of the city..just like in d.c( where alot of basketball friends are from)

AaronH
    Participant

Maybe He would go cause he wanted to see what Henry would do. Also don’t get happy too quick cause Arizona, Maryland, and believe it or not Memphis is still in the talks.

a2
    Participant

If Lance goes he would turn things around for the program. Depending on how long he would stay the talent would follow after him and St. Johns could be a great program in the future. Its still unlikley what he will decide to do but if St. Johns manages to get him the program could see a big turn around.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login