This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  RUDEBOY- 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Airwest1
    Participant

Does anyone else think its LaMelo Ball or bust for the Knicks. I feel we need a point guard and if we don’t get an young elite level talent we will be wasting more time and years. If feel we must trade up for him if we don’t move up in the lottery.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Ball will definitely bring excitement and Lavar to NYC but that spacing between him and RJ is horrendous. Hopefully either guy becomes a passable shooter.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Knicks couldn’t go wrong if they land any of the top 3 prospects. Ball,Edwards or Wiseman. The nba will be overjoyed if it’s Ball. I’m not that high on Toppin. Patrick Williams is the player should target if they fail to land in the top 3.

Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

They want Lavar for sure. LaMelo’s too well composed. I think it’d be exhausting. Edwards would be a better fit.

bt102
    Participant

Patrick Williams?? That’s early. There is a chance they might be able to get him at 27. Not likely but maybe. If they were to want him, they could package 27 and a few players to move up with like..Milwaukee or something.

Though as for the Knicks: I actually don’t feel like its Ball or bust. Ball would be the prefered option, but I look at Killian Hayes, and I could easily see him being better than LaMelo. Probably will have a slower start but I like him more than Ball for a lot of teams. I also think Haliburton could be alright for the Knicks as well. Yes, Hayes and Haliburton don’t have franchise star potential while Ball does, but I really don’t think there are any franchise players in this draft. Could easily be wrong but I don’t see it with any of them. I actually don’t like Edwards in NY. I feel like Edwards is going to need to be in a good organization for him to succeed.

Zouldiers
      Participant

Haliburton and Barrett on the back court is such a good fit. They compliment each other well and also hinder each other’s weaknesses

RUDEBOY-
        Participant

He’s a lottery talent! NO WAY Patrick Williams will be there at number 27 or be available when the Bucks pick!! If he is I will Drive on the interstate Blindfolded, Walk on Glass, Drink poison or Kiss Leroy Jenkins Momma!!

armchairgm
    Participant

If Knicks stay at 6/7 Lamelo won’t be around they would likely be choosing between: Okongwu, Hayes, Avdija, Haliburton, or Okoro. I would take Deni Avdija he would slide in nice on the wing next to Barrett and they Knox could move to the 4 long term.

bt102
    Participant

I said a chance. I didn’t say how likely it was. I’d give it a less than one percent chance, based off what I’ve seen, it sounds like he could realistically go anywhere from 10-20. Anything can happen in the draft though, so that’s why I’m saying maybe.

If they stay at 6/7, I think either Haliburton or Cole Anthony assuming Hayes isn’t available. They need a PG so bad. They also need a lot of other things too.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Let us say for a moment the Knicks figure to move all their non-guaranteed contract players. RJ Barrett can’t shoot and needs the ball. DSJ can’t shoot. Frank Ntilikina can’t shoot. Astonishingly, Kevin Knox can’t shoot. If you only make 32 percent of your shots away from the rim and 33 percent from three over two years, it is hard to argue otherwise. Julius Randle can’t shoot. Mitchell Robinson can’t shoot. To make matters worse, only Ntilikina and Robinson even project to be good defensively. This is not a situation where you insert LaMelo Ball and feel as though a ball dominant guard with limited range and not much to offer defensively moves the needle a ton. It is important for the Knicks to reshape their team by bringing in younger players or additional draft picks for their crop of non-guaranteed contracts (pandemic-ing their way into assets), but there is no savior in this draft that allows you to quickly erase the last three drafts and haul from the Porzingis trade from memory.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

1.dwayne wade- was an undersized shooting guard that couldnt shoot
    2.steph curry-questions about his defense and limited athleticism
    3.luka doncic- will struggle to guard quicker players
    4.kawhi leonard-questions about his offensive game and what position would he play..kawhi was compared to luc mbah a moute..

as rudy tomjanovich once said never underestimate the heart of a champion…..to me thats what separates these players from the benoit benjamins,dennis hopson,pervis ellison,marvin williams,chris washburn,eddy currys of the worlds…talented players that that seem to lack a passion or desire for the game….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login