This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mikeyvthedon 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

BKGingerSnap
    Participant

Below is the list of 2020 prospects headed to G-League instead of college. Are there any players I’m missing or is this the complete list so far. Any prospects likely to ditch college at last minute? I’m fascinated how well these guys play in the G-league. Could be a very rude awakening for some of them.

G-League
    PLAYER / RANKING
    Jalen Green – # 1
    Isaiah Todd – #13
    Daishen Nix – #20
    Makur Makur – #15
    MarJon Beauchamp – #45
    Kenyon Martin Jr. – #55

Additionally,
    Josh Hall – NBA Draft (likely to go back to NC State) – #40

BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Kenyon Martin Jr and Makur Makur are listed in the 2020 early entrants. They might end up in the G-League, assuming the G-League does not go on another hiatus next fall/winter as it is a money loser in a climate where the owners might want to cut back, but don’t imagine them in the proposed pathway program. From what I read, MarJon Beauchamp is doing the hide out with a trainer “plan” that I assumed was part of the reason the NBA came up with the G-League idea.

Evan Tomes

Yes Beauchamp and Kyree Walker are training next year and are not going to play. Kai Sotto will also be in the G League.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Yeah, G-League Developmental guys as it stands are Jalen Green, Isaiah Todd, Daishen Nix and Kai Sotto. Kenyon Martin Jr. and Makur Maker are both early entrants for NBA Draft, though rumored Maker may possibly go to college (will believe it when I see it, but rumored it is an option).

MarJon Beauchamp is going to be training with Chameleon BX, which was started by Frank Matrisciano as a draft developmental program. Right now they have Beauchamp, Kyree Walker (who is actually older than MarJon) and JD Tsatsa (who graduated HS at 16-years old and is a piano marvel, cool story, 6’7 with long arms, but completely off the rankings radar). The plan for them was (is?) to start training in June. Will see how it goes, but the promise was intensive training and former NBA coaches dealing with the basketball aspect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login