This topic contains 23 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Tammy M Garcia 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

JoeWolf1

As some of you may know I turned 30 today and wanted to get a couple good dunks down to kick father time square in the balls. That didn’t really happen. It was a rough day, I got a good dunk down in my warm ups, but every time I tried to video one It would just clank off the back iron. Technically, I did get one down, but not the way I wanted to. I think I wasted my best jump testing my vertical in warm-ups. It looks to be around 34 – 36” range, but I’m a little disappointed my dunks didn’t work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpd7r6ipAtI

I got the top of the foam on the side of the backboard, but still my dunk attempts sucked. Hopefully, I’ll get a good one tomorrow or sometime next week, haha.

Sewok15
    Participant

You should have taped you warm ups. I am only 25 and I can’t dunk anymore and that has been the case for about 5 years. I am only 5"10 so even when I could dunk in high school it was few and far between and never too impressive.

Father Time sucks hard.

joecheck88
    Participant

+1 for the comment someone left on your video joe. Lol. Jk. It’s alright man. You are probably in better shape than 85% of 30 year olds on the planet. Just keep working. I’m 5’8" and 23 and can barely get rim. Compared to when I was dunking volley balls in HS. Don’t let it get you down man. 

JoeWolf1

LOL, I just saw that.  If a 30 year old, 6’2” white guy hitting 10’8” is four thumbs down I’d be curious to see what one thumb up is.

Tammy M Garcia
      Participant

We have three offices around the world. The main offices here in the United States. The Canada offices ran by OhCanada, and our International offices ran by franfran.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE..Joe Wolf looks like a COLT 45 drinking Mofo..I’m not sure what u Sip on….lol

Joe Wolf,1 of my Top 5 Favorite Posters…1 of the few guys on here that arent ”’Bandwagon Jumpers”’ and isnt AFRAID to say what he thinks..I remember you disagreeing with Aran when he had Drummond listed as number 1 prospect  in earlier this year…..You gave some some good examples and made some valid points,as to why Drummond shouldnt be the top choice….And Aran seem to respect your opinion…

JoeWolf1

Thanks RUDEBOY, I’m definately going to do a little drinking tonight.

I dig your new picture, I saw that online earlier today and loved it, of course as a Bulls fan. haha

joecheck88
    Participant

Yea rudeboy’s pic is everywhere right now. Lol

HappyMeal
    Participant

LOL.. nothing lasts forever dude. It gets worse from here. Happy birthday man!!

penvoaleooao
      Participant

LOL, I just saw that. If a 30 year old, 6’2” white guy hitting 10’8” is four thumbs down I’d be curious to see what one thumb up is.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

You look like Brian Zoubek lolol!

omphalos
    Participant

This has given me a great idea for an nbadraft.net dunk contest. Everyone who can dunk submits a sinple dunk clip with a username shoutout in the video, then the people who qualify/enter are given a certain amount of time to record a trick dunk, and we vote on who wins using the points system. 

As someone who can’t dunk I’d be happy to run/organise everything if people are interested. Thoughts?

Oh, and nice hops JoeWolf1!

McDunkin

Happy Birthday Joe

[image]

NBA COOL Men
      Participant

wow

Bad Dog
    Participant

I feel your pain. Father time can be very cruel but like I always tell people, it’s not the age it’s the mileage. I’ll be 30 in less than a year myself but my body feels older than that. I can still probably jump high but I never try anymore. The landing feels horrible on my knees and mainly my feet. Enjoy it while it lasts

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Yeah that pic caught my attention today…Becuz I could name all of the awards Kobe & Lebron has won..But i had to go look up all of Jordan awards..

Jack Wogan
    Participant

Fans and media have offered explanations: the looming luxury tax situation, Lin’s chemistry with Carmelo Anthony, Lin’s refusal to sign with Creative Artists Agency, Dolan’s objection to the way the process was handled by Lin’s representatives.

Jack Wogan
    Participant

And unlike the incumbents, who remain silent as Lin leaves for Houston or as Jason Kidd gets arrested on Long Island, the Brooklyn Nets are eager to have a conversation with fans and the media, any conversation.

Jack Wogan
    Participant

Things, obviously, weren’t always this way for the Nets. Aside from the Kidd era, the team regularly received bad press when they played on the other side of the Hudson River. But in moving from New Jersey to Brooklyn, the Nets took another important piece of advice from Draper: “If you don’t like what is being said, change the conversation.”

cag2323
    Participant

In recent years, of course, the game has changed. It’s now all about the versatile, quick players who can blow by opponents and fly down the lane for a dunk. There is more emphasis on three-point shooting and the mid-range game, with fewer and fewer coaches leaning on big men playing with their backs to the basket as a primary offensive set. Finesse seven-footers like Dirk Nowitzki and Andrea Bargnani are now more the norm, while the number of dominant low post centers in the modern NBA can almost be counted on two fingers: Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum.

cag2323
    Participant

The Orlando Magic are in the beginning stages of a massive rebuilding project driven by the departure of All-Star center Dwight Howard via trade to the Los Angeles Lakers. The team will be a lot younger this season without veterans such as Howard and Jason Richardson in the rotation so the need for new leadership to emerge is a vital element in the team’s progression.

ketepao
    Participant

“He’s very talented, I like how he plays,” Gordon said. “He has a nice jump shot that was different than when you’ve seen from him in college and he’s a big time shot-blocker. He’s everything that you hear about and I think he’ll be fine once the season starts.”

Kayleigh
    Participant

Fathers almost everywhere, you happen to be a corner bone tissue of your respective spouse and children. You have a fantastic obligation. Fathers almost always include the brain on the town. Each of the spouse and children depends upon how we grow into success existence. Ones determination is a plus. Fathers day best wallpapers collection

Kayleigh
    Participant

Fathers almost everywhere, you happen to be a corner bone tissue of your respective spouse and children. You have a fantastic obligation. Fathers almost always include the brain on the town. Each of the spouse and children depends upon how we grow into success existence. Ones determination is a plus. Fathers day best wallpapers collection

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login