This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lthozoosao 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

McDunkin

China was defeated by a narrow margin in its first game against old rival Australia, 63-64 in the first day of Stankovic Continental Cup.

China: Yi Jianlian scored a game-high 17 points with 10 rebounds. Liu Wei contributed 11 points and Wang Shipeng 10. Wang Zhizhi grabbed 12 points, 9 rebounds.

Australia: Mills contributed 13 points with 7 rebounds. Nielsen scored 10 points. Andersen added 8 points, 7 rebounds.

Andersen hit the shot after a nice last minute drive and dish by Mills.

http://bscup.tom.com/2010-07-29/0PRO/66165081.html

Slovenia also destroyed Iran (107-74) in a 33 point blowout

Iran took a lead in the opening minutes. However, Slovenia nailed 20 points at the end of first half with the help of the great touch of Primož Brezec and a flurry of attacks by Goran Dragic

Mahdi Kamrani of Iran made 7 of 10 ,scored a team-high, 23 points with 3 rebounds. Arsalan Kazemi Naeini grabbed the most rebounds in the team and added 8 points.

Sani Becirovic of Slovenia contributed big for his team, 23 points with 6 assists. Goran Dragic made 5 of 9(including two three-pointers) in 18 minutes, scored 15 points with 4 assists. Samo Udrih added 19 points, 3 assists and 4 steals. In 18 minutes, Primož Brezec contributed 13 points, 3 rebounds and 2 blocks.

In my opinion, if Beno wouldnt have complained about not starting, and Sasha wasnt such a sissy…Slovenia would have one of the top backcourts in the world championships

Also watch out for Zoran Dragic…if he makes the final roster…but i doubt he gets serious playing time anyway

btown gm
    Participant

save some of that for toronto were going to need it

lthozoosao
      Participant

Watching Bogdan Bogdanovic last season, and in certain games in the WC, he looked NBA ready. A guy like Ante Tomic would also thrive. He is a 7’2" centre who can play. Only problem is he is already 27 yrs old.

the barron
    Participant

Wang Zhizui still playing ball? Nice. I’m a big fan of international basketball so this was a good read for me. I can’t wait for the Fiba World championships in August. Been waiting 2 years since the olympics for the next big international tournament.

Kazuya07
    Participant

So far Sun Yue is looking nice and i see him getting another shot at the NBA in the future Yi is not playing like the "Mr.Basketball of China" I didnt know renaldo balkman was on puerto rico DdD DeViL

Kazuya07
    Participant

So far Sun Yue is looking nice and i see him getting another shot at the NBA in the future Yi is not playing like the "Mr.Basketball of China" I didnt know renaldo balkman was on puerto rico DdD DeViL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login