This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  bt102 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

BallerScript
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here but I have been checking in often enough to notice the decline of users on the forum. Despite this, I thought I’d gauge the draft dot net community for interest in a community mock draft like we used to do a couple years ago.

If you’re not familiar with what I’m talking about, a community mock draft involves everyone owning a team or two and making the pick for their team in the draft as if it were the NBA draft.

If anyone is keen on doing something like this in a few days time (in which you could prep over), make sure to reply to this thread so we can organise to do it on the forums or possibly on a group chat.

Choppy
    Participant

Went downhill when they reset everyone’s points to zero and removed negs. This new format, it looks cool and all, but it lacks, I dunno, something. I lurk now mostly.
    No history now. No McDunkin, Leroy Jenkins, etc etc. No record of their points. No Don’s Krypt post. I miss the good old days…

BallerScript
      Participant

Yeah it definitely felt weird having thousands of points removed for no reason. I’ve been lurking too but there isn’t much conversation to be had.

armchairgm
    Participant

I’d be down to do the Lakers if this ends up going.
    I couldn’t even get back on with my old username when the did the reset. I have been on since the early 2000’s my name was CoachWyers./CoachJon

Choppy
      Participant

I remember Coach Wyers! Good to see some of the old familiar posters are still here.

bt102
    Participant

I’d be down to do it as well. Preferably in the forums tho.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I think alot of old users still lurk this site. But they don’t post threads anymore. Yeah the Forum use to be FIRE!!! Guys like McDunkin,Euroballer, Denyce,Marcus Fizer,Don the numbers guy, “. Indy basketball & Joe Wolf were bright dudes. And I miss Siggy, he was spot on about the prospects.Im surprised he haven’t been hired as a pro scout. That dude really knew his stuff. MikeyV created a post last week. I think he’s starting his own podcast.

Choppy
      Participant

I’m still here for the mocks and profiles. I read the forum as well if something interests me. Loved the forum of old. You could add to the list 8 deadly sins, Bog Don Krypt, nbanflguy, Aamir – the list goes on and on. Hopefully it gets back to that. Oh Canada used to post here regularly too after the change, but I haven seen him around for a while.

armchairgm
        Participant

Oh Canada still posts/replies to posts multiple times a week.

OhCanada-
          Participant

2018-2019 NBA Champions.

OhCanada-
          Participant

Thats my weekly reminder see ya’ll next week.

stepback3
      Participant

I heard a rumor that Siggy got a job as a scout… He just stopped posting altogether one day after posting multiple times per day, he really new his stuff.

RUDEBOY-
        Participant

i recall siggy making only 1 thread…that was about gary harris…….yeah, he did comment on alot of threads……

armchairgm
    Participant

The All Time best forums were the Draft Express ones way back in the day. Hitster was a regular on there with me. I think most people just post on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc now rather than on here. This site has really fallen off as they don’t post as much anymore.

theoogaboogatribe
    Participant

I would like to participate

Zouldiers
    Participant

Well well

kerrst
    Participant

Ya I would be down to participate with the raptors but could take another team if needed too

BallerScript
    Participant

If you’re interested, reply to this comment with which team you’d like to control or two teams since there aren’t many of us. Feel free to invite anyone you know to join.

armchairgm
      Participant

Lakers. Would take any other team that is needed for me to take.

Zouldiers
      Participant

Heat definitely. About time I use my team in these draft scenarios. I’ll take another one if needed.

canadabasketballisrising
      Participant

I’ll take Charlotte. Knicks if charlotte is taken

theoogaboogatribe
      Participant

I’ll take bulls and pacers

BallerScript
      Participant

I’ll have Boston and San Antonio

stepback3
    Participant

I’ll do Portland.