This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  warriorfan17 15 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Mr.Duke 1426
    Participant

Could the clippers compeat if they sign brand back? Will they have enough depth with mobley and thorton? How will there draft pick(Eric Gordon) do playing for them?

tbuc
    Participant

The West is very strong and I don’t think they could compete. With Davis/Gordon/Thorton he Clippers will be good in a few years.

Mr.Creative
    Participant

Davis and Gordon seems like an interesting duo for the point guard position. They both got that explosiveness to get to the rim. In addition, Thorton had a good rookie year last season. With Davis in the addition, Clippers got a solid boost as well as some firepower in the mix with Davis. Just give them a few years. But if ever the Clippers re-sign Brand, they could be back to playoff contenders…maybe if he gets healthy. Let’s see how the free agency market goes….

L.Shap
    Participant

The clippers may have the thinnest bench in the NBA. Who is there? The cripple Shaun Livingston, and ummm… o yeah. I don’t know! First off any team with a rookie who was not in the top 5, is simply desperate. Remember, The clippers GM is a bit cheap so i doubt they will get Brand back. Plus who knows if Brand is even healthy. Clippers have had the most lottery picks in the NBA history. That is pathetic.

tbuc
    Participant

Now that the Clippers have Camby I think they can. Davis and Gordon can average close to 40 points combined. Thorten will have to contribute offensively as well since Camby and Kaman don’t do much on offense.

d-rav
    Participant

With the addition of Marcus Camby, the Clippers are now genuine contenders to compete in the playoffs. Their starting 5 has impressive balance, with 2 defensive-minded interior players in Camby and Kaman, a versatile forward in Al Thornton, a veteran scorer in Cuttino Mobley, and an elite point guard in Baron Davis. Their bench is not bad either, with “assist machine” Brevin Knight as their backup point, Eric Gordon as their sparkplug, Quinton Ross as their defensive minded wing, Tim Thomas as a finnesse 4, and Deandre Jordan as the developing big who could offer much needed athleticism in the frontcourt.

warriorfan17
    Participant

their team is ok but i would not say that they would make the playoffs next year. It will take them many more years to make the playoffs because their star player just had the best year of his career and i believe they overpayed for a guy who is that injury prone. Camby was a good addition but they need much more. They will not be able to compete in the west the way it is right now. Portland is an up and coming team sadly. I think it is unfair what they have done its ridiculous the way they absolutely stacked their team with tremendously young talent. They have so many championships to come. They have had the best string of drafts that it is just UNFAIR! They are going to be incredible. clippers need quite a bit of work still

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login