This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  canadabasketballisrising 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Assuming everyone commits * (some may not, assume they do) there are obvious picks for USA and they are:
    Curry/ Lillard
    Harden/ Klay
    Lebron/ Kawhi/ Tatum (if he repeats this year)
    Durant/ George
    Davis
    with 2 spots available. clearly at least one back up big is needed, and should be 2. I think the second should be love, as he fits so well in fiba.
    KAT actually is a viable option as he played for Dominican prior to turning 17 in olympic competition, and according to FIBA rules he can play, but I doubt he will. If he does, its him without question.

Question: Should the back up big be Myles Turner (rewarded for actually playing last summer, can shoot), or Drummond (rebounding was 1 of 2 big reasons they lost and is a way better rebounder, the other is shooting, which goes to turner).

Its a pretty dangerous precedent to give the spot to someone like Drummond who bailed on USA last summer over someone who played.. so is the rebounding advantage worth it? i dont think so… what do you think?

sniper
    Participant

If you’re just concerned with building the best team, I’d take Drummond because he brings something that this squad otherwise lacks. Between Davis, Durant and Love, you’ve more than covered every skill that Turner brings.

The loyalty factor is another issue, I would tend to reward it, but did anyone who played on last summer’s clusterfuck really earn anything?

armchairgm
    Participant

This would be my 12: Bam Adebayo, Anthony Davis, Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Paul George. Kawhi Leonard. Jimmy Butler. Bradley Beal, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, Damian Lillard

canadabasketballisrising
      Participant

How do you not include Klay, the best spot shooter in basketball in a FIBA game? Beal/Butler needs the ball in his hands, and Klay is perfect for the spot up role. Plus, he is a better defender, or shooter. (beal. butler)

OhCanada-
    Participant

Drummond doesn’t even get a look. Adebayo ad Turner ahead of him all day/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login