This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SwatLakeCity 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

I was just looking at the high school rankings on this site and happened to click on Cameron Reddish, because his listed size at 6’8 205 lbs interested me as a small forward. When I did before I even got to the videos I read the notes and found some huge discrepancy errors with the listed measurements. The notes say he meased 6’3.25 without shoes, 6’4.75 with shoes, 177 lbs with a 6’8 wingspan and 8’5 standing reach. And this is from the 2014 USA Junior National Team Mini Camp. So a pretty good source, yet it looks like the listed height was confused with the wingspan, and somehow he was listed at 205 lbs instead of 177. That about 30lbs difference. Huge difference.

He should be listed at 6’5 177lbs instead of 6’8 205lbs.

Blazermann
    Participant

That’s from 3years ago tho lol he’s 6’8 get over it

Big_C_KU
    Participant

That was 3 years ago….

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

But, look here:

http://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/17820787?subseason=380949

Not to mention, I just saw him three weeks ago, and he is easily a minimum of 6’7-6’8. The other thing is, the measurements you bring up are from October 2014! Seeing that it is June 2017, could at the time barely 15-year old Cam not have grown? Much less put on some weight (which, by the way, I usually round to the nearest 5th or 10th, seeing that they can and do fluctuate at times)?

So, thank you for your suggestion, but sometimes these guys are not done growing. I have newer data on players who were measured at USA events from years previous and, sometimes they grow and gain weight. Best thing about it is, we will hopefully have new height, weight, wingspan and standing reach data on Cam very shortly, as he is part of the U19 try-outs that kick-off tomorrow. That site has him listed at 6’7 and 199 lbs, which is what he measured at the October mini-camp in 2016 (that we just never added to his profile). Still, I’d take those numbers (which are pretty close to those listed on D1 circuit) over the numbers you suggested we use from data from two and a half years ago.

Not everyone grows, players definitely can remain similar, but in some cases, guys who are measured as 15-16 years old get bigger. Josh Jackson went from 6’5.25 without shoes the first time he was measured in 2013 to 6’7 a year later. His weight went from 184 to 203 by the time he had hit that last mini-camp. Jayson Tatum measured in at 6’5 (with shoes) and 166 in 2012, made it to 6’7 (with shoes) and 191 by 2014, finished his Hoop Summit measurements at 6’8.25 (with shoes) and 204. Standing reach also increased from 8’7 when first measured to 8’10.5 when last measured (at least in public record). Again, just a couple examples, but I think it is not at all out of the realm of possibility that a 15-year old Reddish has grown and put on weight as a now 17-year old (turning 18 on September 1).

SwatLakeCity
      Participant

Sorry didn’t realize the notes were from 3 years ago. Guess he’d still work as a SF, but we’ll have to see what happens when he starts college two years from now. It might be smart to put the date on the notes so this mistake or misconception doesn’t happen again.

SwatLakeCity
        Participant

The date is there, nevermind. My fault, I guess I was just reading the notes too fast and didn’t see the date.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login