This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  canadabasketballisrising 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

bt102
    Participant

Atlanta: Jeff Teague and Treveon Graham
    Minnesota: Allen Crabbe

Both are expiring deals so its low risk on both sides. Sekou Smith reported that both teams arent done and this lopsided trade for Minnesota is more about getting a youngish point guard go come in a deal.

The only thing Im surprised with his that I’m a little suprised that a second, even a low end second round pick, didnt come back in this deal for Minnesota. I think Atlanta has some low end seconds right now, I might be wrong but still.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I dont get what the wolves are doing. Teague is an average starting pg at worst, crabbe is a solid rotational player at best

r377
    Participant

Atlanta will try to lock up Teague over the summer. He will be the backup and mentor for Trae Young. Teague will finish his career with Atlanta

bt102
    Participant

Yeah. I think that’s why i think a second rounder should have been thrown in. I think Minnesota’s 3 point shooting has been bad so I think that could be a reason. But then again. All 3 players are expiring deals.

canadabasketballisrising
      Participant

I doubt Teague will be there more than a year or two. You don’t have a 20 million dollar player as a long term back up/mentor. That doesn’t make sense fiscally. They can afford to do it for the short term with their top players on small contracts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login