This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lthozoosao 7 years ago.

• Author

princejames
    Participant

Aran Smith I think that maybe you should be on the look out for how well kiwi gardner plays in the NBA development league if he decides to play in that league. It’s just something about him that makes me think that he might have the opportunity to be a future nba draft pick if he plays well in the nba development league. And his potential success will be a great story to follow if he makes it. It’s extremely very unrealistic that he will make it to the NBA, but I am very curious to see how he develops. I just enjoy seeing talented individuals work hard to chase and accomplish their dreams. Because I believe in the reap what you sow law of life. In which if you sow the utilization of good work habits and great decision making habits, then you will naturally reap the benefits of having great success http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlTG1x8DD_A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0uwgr7FYXM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAeYpnqksc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGWNs9eYYA

princejames
    Participant

princejames
    Participant

JoeWolf1

Dude, you can’t declare, go undrafted and then get drafted the next year. He’s gonna have to go the free agent route.

princejames
      Participant

Are you sure, because I thought he was trying to follow the same path that Glen Rice Jr. decided to take

JoeWolf1

Positive, Rice Jr. didn’t declare, he just chose to play at that level the same as some guys go overseas before declaring.

princejames
          Participant

Damn, I apologize nbadraft.net members for creating this forum topic on kiwi before truly knowing the facts about is draft eligibility – Lesson learned

At the sametime JoeWolf, I think kiwi’s and aquille carr’s story will be fun and interesting to follow.

princejames
          Participant

Damn, I apologize nbadraft.net members for creating this forum topic on kiwi before truly knowing the facts about is draft eligibility – Lesson learned

At the sametime JoeWolf, I think kiwi’s and aquille carr’s story will be fun and interesting to follow.

JoeWolf1

Positive, Rice Jr. didn’t declare, he just chose to play at that level the same as some guys go overseas before declaring.

princejames
      Participant

Are you sure, because I thought he was trying to follow the same path that Glen Rice Jr. decided to take

JoeWolf1

Dude, you can’t declare, go undrafted and then get drafted the next year. He’s gonna have to go the free agent route.

drk3351
    Participant

Aran Smith I think…….you should finish up the Mock Draft contest results.

mikeyvthedon
      Participant

Spoke with him not long ago, says he is working on it. You can make one for 2014, which hopefully will be a draft with not only more talent at the top, but also one where more people guess the first pick correctly. As far as Kiwi Gardner, I thought about making a profile for him, if I did it would more than likely have included all of the videos posted pre-draft. However, heard absolutely no news on his being drafted and thought it was a long shot. If he had come back, or made his way to Providence, some other D1, than I would have made him one. 

Want an intriguing small guy with crazy athleticism who is going the JUCO route, though hopefully with the intention of signing with a D1 school afterwards? Check out [Player: Stefan Moody]. Quick, mad ups and while he was listed by FAU at 5-10, heard that is a stretch. Bottom line is, if you are under 5-9, you need to be fairly incredible athletically to play in the NBA. Not to mention, usually possess insane strength relative to your height. Even Muggsy and Earl Boykins both were incredibly strong for smaller guys, plus would pressure the ball the whole time on D. Kiwi just did not have that strength.

mikeyvthedon
      Participant

Spoke with him not long ago, says he is working on it. You can make one for 2014, which hopefully will be a draft with not only more talent at the top, but also one where more people guess the first pick correctly. As far as Kiwi Gardner, I thought about making a profile for him, if I did it would more than likely have included all of the videos posted pre-draft. However, heard absolutely no news on his being drafted and thought it was a long shot. If he had come back, or made his way to Providence, some other D1, than I would have made him one. 

Want an intriguing small guy with crazy athleticism who is going the JUCO route, though hopefully with the intention of signing with a D1 school afterwards? Check out [Player: Stefan Moody]. Quick, mad ups and while he was listed by FAU at 5-10, heard that is a stretch. Bottom line is, if you are under 5-9, you need to be fairly incredible athletically to play in the NBA. Not to mention, usually possess insane strength relative to your height. Even Muggsy and Earl Boykins both were incredibly strong for smaller guys, plus would pressure the ball the whole time on D. Kiwi just did not have that strength.

princejames
      Participant

because I think aran smith did pretty bad with his own mock draft ( just playin aran – LOL ). I actually think everybody most likely did very bad with their mock draft, I’m still extremely shocked and can’t believe that athony bennet was the number one pick in the NBA Draft. Anthony is a tweener 6’7 combo forward with average defensive instincts, an average feel for how to play on the perimeter as an small forward, and post skills that need to be improved and upgraded.

princejames
      Participant

because I think aran smith did pretty bad with his own mock draft ( just playin aran – LOL ). I actually think everybody most likely did very bad with their mock draft, I’m still extremely shocked and can’t believe that athony bennet was the number one pick in the NBA Draft. Anthony is a tweener 6’7 combo forward with average defensive instincts, an average feel for how to play on the perimeter as an small forward, and post skills that need to be improved and upgraded.

drk3351
    Participant

Aran Smith I think…….you should finish up the Mock Draft contest results.

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

didnt play in the d league becuase he was not drafted

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

didnt play in the d league becuase he was not drafted

Siggy
    Participant

Lol, Kiwi Gardner. D-League teams would have to be interested in him first. That’s not a given. He has a better chance of making it on the next streetball tour or joining Aquille with the Globetrotters.

princejames
      Participant

Damn Siggy you are just the number one hater of potential prospects on this website. We should all give kiwi and aquille a chance before we give negative opinions or negative criticism. Their journey’s of playing pro basketball ( minor leagues or overseas basketball ) have not even started yet. And to keep it real siggy your level of disrespect tours some potential prospects that you don’t like is starting to get on my nerves. At least try to have some sense of humility when it comes to judging players. Because for some reason siggy you either love them or hate them. For example, I’m not a big fan of ben mclemore, but I hope he does well and develops into a solid NBA player. Ben came from a terrible past filled with a lot of hardship and poverty. So I want to see him do well so he can take care of his family. I want to see aquille do well so he can take care of his daughter and his family. You have to remember that all of these prospects are trying to achieve their dreams and goals for significant purposes. So please siggy show some respect.

Siggy
        Participant

Kiwi averaged 8 points on 34% from the floor with more TOs than assists in junior college…before getting suspended and then kicked off the team. I’m sure D-League teams are crawling over each other to get a look at that. I’m interested in how good a player is, not their back stories.
        Kiwi’s not an NBA prospect. Neither is Aquille.

princejames
          Participant

Kiwi averaged less than 5 shots taken per game with-in 8 games playing division 2 basketball. How can those stats be proof of his ability to develop into a very good player when he barely played any form of college basketetball. And I also agree that it is extremely unrealistic that he develops into a NBA player. But again it will be fun and interesting to watch kiwi and aquille chase their dreams of becoming nba players. Their both youtube sensations because of their basketball talents, very fun to watch, and I hope they become extremely successful

princejames
          Participant

Kiwi averaged less than 5 shots taken per game with-in 8 games playing division 2 basketball. How can those stats be proof of his ability to develop into a very good player when he barely played any form of college basketetball. And I also agree that it is extremely unrealistic that he develops into a NBA player. But again it will be fun and interesting to watch kiwi and aquille chase their dreams of becoming nba players. Their both youtube sensations because of their basketball talents, very fun to watch, and I hope they become extremely successful

Siggy
        Participant

Kiwi averaged 8 points on 34% from the floor with more TOs than assists in junior college…before getting suspended and then kicked off the team. I’m sure D-League teams are crawling over each other to get a look at that. I’m interested in how good a player is, not their back stories.
        Kiwi’s not an NBA prospect. Neither is Aquille.

princejames
      Participant

Damn Siggy you are just the number one hater of potential prospects on this website. We should all give kiwi and aquille a chance before we give negative opinions or negative criticism. Their journey’s of playing pro basketball ( minor leagues or overseas basketball ) have not even started yet. And to keep it real siggy your level of disrespect tours some potential prospects that you don’t like is starting to get on my nerves. At least try to have some sense of humility when it comes to judging players. Because for some reason siggy you either love them or hate them. For example, I’m not a big fan of ben mclemore, but I hope he does well and develops into a solid NBA player. Ben came from a terrible past filled with a lot of hardship and poverty. So I want to see him do well so he can take care of his family. I want to see aquille do well so he can take care of his daughter and his family. You have to remember that all of these prospects are trying to achieve their dreams and goals for significant purposes. So please siggy show some respect.

Siggy
    Participant

Lol, Kiwi Gardner. D-League teams would have to be interested in him first. That’s not a given. He has a better chance of making it on the next streetball tour or joining Aquille with the Globetrotters.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Kiwi Gardner was forced to leave Providence because he sucked. Vincent Council had his way with him in practices and Council looked awful in the NBA summer league

lthozoosao
      Participant

providencefriars1
    Participant

Kiwi Gardner was forced to leave Providence because he sucked. Vincent Council had his way with him in practices and Council looked awful in the NBA summer league

jjbutler73
    Participant

“good work habits and great decision making habits”???? Neither of the guys you mentioned come close to that, that’s why they aren’t in college and can’t find pro teams.

jjbutler73
    Participant

“good work habits and great decision making habits”???? Neither of the guys you mentioned come close to that, that’s why they aren’t in college and can’t find pro teams.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login